Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1930 Chrysler CJ build (UK) ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dudford, Apr 22, 2012.

?

Mopar flat6 or V8

Poll closed May 6, 2012.
  1. Existing Flat 6

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. V8

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Thanks blackjack, I'll head on over there now and hunt through the classifieds and word up a parts request, anything to avoid shipping charges ;) having said that, still get a good bang for the buck with £ over $!

2. borderA23

borderA23
    from Redhill

1930 Coupe, Just read through all your hard work, still, good to hear there is another
    Chrysler just south of here. Good luck with the final engine swap idea, I have often wished for the V8 sound rumbling away behind me.
    I have been running a 1929 Chrysler 75 for the past eight years and had a lot of fun.
    Fortunately for me it had the original engine.

3. Thanks! Yeah an original engine probably would've swayed me to do a restoration project now that I look at it retrospectively. I kinda have an excuse now that I know so many people have butchered and changed it so much that I can do what I like but at the same time ensuring that it's done right and to a standard that can be recognised by any fabricator/engineer/enthusiast. A deal fell through recently for a flattie v8 a few days ago :( still, I will find one!!

Good to hear from you, any intention to rod your Chrysler 75?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Dud, hadn't heard from you in a while, just saw your comment about the flathead V8, your not seriously considering using one in the Chrysler are you?..........lol.......I'd keep to the mopar 6, use a later car type bellhousing and stick a T5 behind it............lol........have seen a report on the Pendine Sands in the latest Rod & Custom to arrive here in Oz............was that you pictured?............lol..........regards, andyd.......btw did you get the starter motor figured out......andyd