Register now to get rid of these ads!

where to buy holley 94 parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hanginlow58, Feb 3, 2014.

1. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

having a hard time finding someone that sells a variety of jets/power valves for holley 94's , anybody know of a good supplier ?

2. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Holley jets are same for all carbs and are available anywhere...Summit for example.
    Same with powervalves...although they are not exactly the same style as originals and a lot a guys will say they don't seal and/or work...but they do.
    Rebuild kits are available from all the Vintage parts suppliers. JobLot has the best.

hrm2k likes this.
  3. Ice man

Ice man

Look up Charlie Price Vintage Speed Parts. Iceman

4. call Dickster in TX

5. Go to holley's web site you can order just about any of their products from them.

6. lorodz

lorodz

speedwaymotors.com

7. 50'custom

50'custom

I would have to disagree with that statement ! I went through this on Saturday. I would suggest you stick to a sure enough holley 94 power valve in whatever kit you go with. I can say from personal experience the P/V's most places like speedway supply will not seat properly and allow fuel to drain past the P/V into the intake. You can take the carb top off,and fill the bowl with fuel and WATCH it drain !

8. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

I seen someones thread on here where they had to grind a portion of the body out to get the new style p/v to fit and that is all I have seen available, I ended up buying some on ebay from Charlie price , I wanted a variety of sizes for a dual carb setup

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The clearance prob is the obvious one...the other problem is that the sealing surface on late Holley PV is in the wrong place where it contacts carb. This area has to be remachined...some people have gotten a seal where the taperd surface intersects the gasket, but this is pretty chancy.

10. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

thanks , that's what I was looking for, he has a nice selection of parts.

11. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

thanks, I ended up buying some from them on ebay

13. kuhn1941

kuhn1941

I purchased 3 rebuild kits from advance auto cost $21 apiece . This Holley kit came with a new power valve (just one though) .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. bluthndr

bluthndr

I bought parts for normal Holleys from my local speed shop - E&D's High Performance. They worked fine. Holleys are Holleys.

15. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"...this Holley kit came with a new power valve..." '41, does that PV have a gasket ring that aligns with the one on carb body or a bigger one with a sloping surface where 94 gasket seats? That's the difference...I think NAPA has recently started supplying the late ones with its kits, so it would be nice to find a kit that can just be used...
    Holleys are Holleys, but AA-1's are not 4160's...

16. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

here is some pics of the pv's, the one on the left is the original, see how the tip is smaller and the seating area is flat.

the one in the middle is a newer style that I got from Charlie price and you can see where he machined a flat surface for sealing but the tip is very close to carb body when installed.

the one on the right I got in the rebuild kit from speedway and you can see the beveled surface that wont seal

Attached Files:

17. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

the flat surface that it needs to seal on and the clearance issues in side the bowl

Attached Files:

18. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

As I recall, 94 jets are also a smaller thread size than 4-barrel jets?

20. Thank you, you are right and the reason is the radius on the shaft of most all replacement power valves. Charlie's Speed shop buys valves in bulk and turns the radius off with a lathe. I have tried after market valves and it's easy to see why they don't seal

21. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Check with Bob at Baxter Ford Parts in Lawrence Kansas. He does lots of carbs.