Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Speedway Engineering Quick Change ??

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Blue One, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I am wondering about these quick change rear ends. I found them advertised on e-bay and I'm curious to know if anyone here has one or has dealt with the company.

Here is a part of the ad:

The perfect Hot Rod Rearend, Speedway Engineering Super Max Quick Change with Wilwood brakes & 40 Ford Axle Housings.
    • 31 Spline Axles, 5 x 4 1/2 bolt pattern
    • 3.56 Gears
    • 56" overall width
    • 12.19 Wilwood Brakes w/Park Brakes & Polished Calipers

How do they compare to say a new Winters V8 Quick change ?
    Any info or experiences you can share would be great.

Larry.

Attached Files:

• $_57.jpg
      $_57.jpg
      File size:
      424.4 KB
      Views:
    • QC.jpg
      QC.jpg
      File size:
      424.2 KB
      Views:
  2. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

I used speedway engineering rear ends and front hubs sway bars for a long time , quality products, give frank zapper a call at speedway engineering , great guy who knows his stuff for sure , as far as winters products they are very good products as well , both companies have been in bussiness for a long time ! That alone should say it all !

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Thanks, the guy who responded to my inquiry is named John. Must be a dealer because he is in Arizona.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Just another of my "Should I drop the $ for a Quick change ?" threads :)

Can't seem to make up my mind.

Have a perfectly good 8" Maverick rear fitted in my RPU now, it's just that the QC is so cool.

Might be good behind my Y Block. I just don't know :confused: :)

5. The Super Max will handle all the power that Y block has with no issues - I've just never been in love with the look of these - that squared off, 10 bolt rear cover just doesn't have the style of a Halibrand. Mind you, I don't like the style of the Winters either...just my 2 cent opinion.

Steve

6. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Speedway Engineering is a good company with great products.

As I recall, the Supermax is sort of unique. The ring and pinion is not the same as anyone else's and it is in between the V8 and champ sizes of other companies.

This is no problem if you are buying new, but limits interchangeability if you are building one from parts.

Whether you are buying new or used, step up. That old Maverick rear end will NEVER be a Quick Change!

7. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Blue -

Best answer...call Speedway..! Ask them these questions.
    As has been said, Speedway has been in buisness for many years building race car parts. I've been to their shop, a place where a kid could get lost in cool parts.

Mike

8. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Great company and knowledgeable about QC's. They have a new one that uses the early Ford axle tubes. I have used them for a long time for machine work. QC's are not cheap or quiet but they have the look I love in a hot rod.

9. 5onthefloor

5onthefloor
    from Finland

Are these quick change rear ends 100% lockers or are they availble with tru tracks or similara more suitable for street driving?

10. pinupwithgun

pinupwithgun

Check out dick spadaro.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. racer_dave

racer_dave

They will build it however you want, locked, locker or limited slip. There will be a price difference between them depending on the option. Speedway is a great company, good stuff.

12. Hop2it

Hop2it

I called them and was told they needed my axle housings and there wasn't enough room for a limited slip diff.so it came with an open diff.I thought that shipping my axle housings to California and the shipping back to New York would be to much.I decided to go with a winters which has a limited slip diff. ,shipping to the closest terminal was just under $100. Doug

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I believe that if I go with one I am also sold on Winters.