Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone in downtown Phoenix know J&E auto sales ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55olds88, Feb 3, 2014.

1. 55olds88

55olds88

Hi,
    Trying to get hold of these folks regarding a 1949 Pontiac they have advertised but they don't seem to answer phones or emails, is anyone handy to 1716 East Jackson Street
    Phoenix, AZ 85034 that could drop in on them ? or even if anyone has any info on them, not too sure if they don't like dealing with us folks from outside the US or if they or the car don't exist.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. lincolnlog

lincolnlog
    from Arizona

Haven't heard of them, but they're on the right side of central ave.

4. Why would you even want to deal with someone halfway around the world that you cant get ahold of??? You really think it will better once they have your money?

5. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

6. jesse1980

jesse1980

Well said.

7. oldolds

oldolds

I really dislike BBB ratings. If you look at reason for rating, they have 1 complaint. That is over a warrenty issue. I would guess they didn't want to cover something that someone else thought should be covered. Pretty standard in the used car industry. No legal action taken, so it was worked out. If you don't get a complaint once in a while, you ain't doing business!

Ratings like this only ever show complaints, there is no rating system for satislied customers in the used car world!

Sorry I can't help you with the original question. I do not know the business.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

9. oldolds

oldolds

Don, do you think 1 complaint is enough info for an F rating? If one person today said they didn't like your shoes would you throw them out? 50 other people made no comment.

Yes, someone complained. We have no idea as to the resolution of the complaint. I would be more worried that they do not answer the phone. I would think they would use a machine to answer odd phone numbers and take the message. If they chose not to return the call they do not need the business.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have to run by that section of town in an hour or two. I will happily drive by and see what the place looks like if you want me too.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absolutely handy to them! I took a ride down there today and checked the car and them out. I didn't see anything that would set off any major alarm bells as a "Do Not Deal With" situation. The head Mechanic Randy, let me crawl all over the car. Damn nice little original. The trim on the left side is damaged at the rear, and flattened a bit but savable on the right side. The only rust I see is a spot about 6" long and 3" wide in the drivers floor just inward of the rocker. Very common rust spot for desert cars as the windshield rubber breaks and allows water to collect under the floor mats. The car runs but needs a carb rebuild and a freeze plug is rotted on the drivers side of the block. The paint is original but to far gone to be savable, and the chrome is still shiny, kinda, but for a truly presentable restored car would need to be redone. In general it has a bunch of light parking lot rash, but it's a nice little car. Randy said they have sold to your part of the world before.

I failed to bring my camera with me, and I don't tote a fancy phone... Yet. If you are interested in it I'm happy to run back down and shoot some pictures of it, and I can help with the sale process as much as I can.

A quick word about the Better Business Bureau... And I hope I don't insult anybody that is attached to them, but after being a merchant in my family's business for many years I WOULDN'T TRUST A WORD THEY SAY EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!! First, they go out of their way to portray themselves as a government entity, THEY ARE NOT! They are a for profit business, that I'm sure was started with the utmost best intentions, but the merchants that are members pay their dues. If, as a merchant you decide you no longer want to be a member, you immediately receive an "F" rating. My family's business had been an AA++ rating for twenty five years, and the second I decided to drop my yearly pay in I became "F". Pure and simple protectionism... My opinion.

They have been told that someone from your neck of the woods has responded to their ad, and I might believe that they are maybe backed up on e-mail or some such. Hell, I didn't check mine over the weekend, and yesterday I waded through 156 e-mails.

If you would like me to go further on my end just say so, as I live downtown 2 maybe 3 miles away...

12. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

Just wondering what time you are calling?,what is the time difference between there and you,you might have to get up in the middle of the night to catch them.Might be worth a look. Harvey

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That and we just went through Super Bowl weekend, that lots of guys turn into a Holy high holiday. On top of that it's car season here, and I know I went four different car events this weekend alone. Try 'em again! I did ask Randy point blank about dealing with out of country sales and he said they have done it few times.

14. Rob68

Rob68

Needlouvers? that was really cool of you to do. I love it when HAMBers go and help a brother out. This site is the best and has damn good guys on it. Props to you and everyone else who go the extra mile.
    Rob68

15. I tried to call for you as well Sam and received no answer or call back. Not too interested in selling cars I guess. Sorry.

16. This has a future "I bought a car in AZ and cant get them to help me" thread written all over it.

17. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

He has had some Fords for sale a while back on craigslist I referred folks to and also no response when they tried to contact him :confused::confused: Maybe like the situation Jamco had,no one liked manning the phones.:rolleyes:

18. spiders web

spiders web

Amen to need louvres. The BBB is a group of commie bastards. I've been in business for 19 years and you are right about stopping a subscription. People that use there recommendations over local referral get what they get!

19. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

When I started my business they knew all about me- told me I was eligible for an A rating,
    did not join them, they show me as unknown 10 years later.

20. 55olds88

55olds88

thanks Needlouvers (and sorry for not replying sooner, I checked in and there was nothing going on so left the thread over the weekend)by the sounds my guys have been talking to you and getting things sorted, like you say any of those on line rating things are pretty easy to hijack try checking our folks ratings of your favourite eatery sometime. Really appreciate your assistance tom me this is part of what the HAMB is all about, I bought this guys original car fro him about 7 years ago up round Reno with help off here and have done the same down here for people looking for weird ol English car bits here.

Some of you guys need to think what its like trying to do business across borders, thousands of miles and time zones so you can get hold of the car you always wanted in a country where such a car was never sold.... I have folks who can sort out the payment and run the car down to the port for me so pretty sure you don't need to up your post count worrying about an "I bought a car in AZ and cant get them to help me" thread ......

Will post some pics when we get it sorted and back to NZ.

21. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

So many scammers out there anymore, you can kinda see why they wouldn't answer an out of country email or phone call. Last car I sold I had several Nigerians want to pay me through ebay with lottery winnings, and the car had never been on ebay!:D

22. Join the Alliance

Pay $50.00 and support the forum

Buy a car from a fellow Alliance Member

Keep the wheel turning .... ;)

Jim

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I talked to Chris last night, and again this morning, and I do believe it is a situation of missed connections. Unfortunately the car was sold late last week. I have my eyes open in the Phoenix area for another GM fastback from 49-'51 for him.

24. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

need louvers is a cool cat !