Register now to get rid of these ads!

ID This Oil Pan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thishero, Feb 2, 2014.

1. thishero

thishero

Name this oil pan... I got this oil pan about six months ago for my 302 Ford that is going into my 57 Ford F-100. It's rear sump because I'm running a camaro clip up front. However the Oil pickup he supplied with me is the wrong one. The tube runs into the dip-stick mount. It needs to angle back in instead of running straight, but I'm having trouble finding the correct one because I don't know what this came off of. The Dip stick mount sticks out about 1.5 inches. The large sump is approx. 9" and the smaller sump is 6"... Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Can you use the timing chain cover, whith the dipstick tube in it ? Some small block Fords came with that set up.

Sorry, I don't know the specific applications.

4TTRUK

3. Mark T

Mark T

You can't use a front mounted dipstick in a rear sump oil pan.

I think your pan is from a Van, I'm thinking early 80's from the looks of it.

4. Check the rear gasket surface, the round part, if it's too big you have a 351 Windsor truck pan.

5. hemiwheelstand

hemiwheelstand

Hello, that oil pan is for an early Ford Bronco 66-77 with a small block ,the odd shape is for front rearend housing clearance.
    Chris

6. Lol you ford guys are great!
    That just sounds funny - front rearend housing.

7. thishero

thishero

I've been looking at a lot of pictures online from the suggestions I've been getting and it looks like it is from the early Bronco's. I'll go to the auto part store tomorrow and compare the pick-up, hopefully that's the one.

8. thishero

thishero

WINNER! It's off of a '66-'77 Bronco, thanks Chris!