Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1950 Chevy Styleline DeLuxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeftCoastErik, May 7, 2011.

1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

saw it yesterday at Goodguys... looking good.

2. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Thanks Chad!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

3. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Got the ac working..which was nice yesterday. The 235 seems fine with the extra load. Going back to finish the upholstery tomorrow

4. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

That is a great looking car. I love the front bumper. Most people leave the stock one on and it is boring looking. You did great.

5. 1711paul

1711paul
    from Tx

Man your car is sweet ...hey by any chance do you have any pictures of your air ride suspenion or how did you do it for the rear end thanks

6. robleticia

robleticia

Turned out awesome Erik!

7. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

My car made into Kustoms Illustrated. Thanks Luke!

Attached Files:

8. Congrats buddy
    Ya got those pages stuck together yet?
    Lol

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Hey guys, I haven't updated recently, but I did finally get the interior done. Still need to do the outer window stainless and I want to get that 62 Caddy column and wheel installed also, but I'll get there eventually.

I entered my car in the TRJ contest, so if you dig it, please show your support by liking it in facebook. Thanks!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201790733194885&set=o.97389805543&type=1

10. boboznutz

boboznutz

Just read through 31 pages and wanted to say thanks for the inspiration! I am building a 52 business coupe and am working on the chop right now, it looks very much like your car did in the beginning and I can only hope it looks close to as good when I am done.
    I am amazed you were able to pull off that big of a project with a new baby! I have a 3 month old and I find myself welding at 1am while he sleeps!

11. bad440

bad440

did i just see the car in your avatar go down first street sunday?

12. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Bad440 yup.I live here in town. Bobo..I welded at night too. I still try to make an hour or more a day to mess with the 50,the 55buick Century or the Model A sedan. Its my sanity...
    I tore the engine bay on the 50 apart Saturday afternoon and sent the valve cover and intake out for polishing. Sent the Fenton's to get ceramichromed. I repainted the block and cleaned a lot of little stuff up. Next big show is in Castro valley on the 14th

13. M.Edell

M.Edell

I heard you like to work on old Show Trucks named Mother Lode and various other terd boilers as well....

14. boboznutz

boboznutz

I noticed you have the stock seat in it, how tall are you? I am 6'2'' and I am wondering what to do about the seat... my chop is about the same as yours and I would like to use the stock split bench but don't think it will work for me. I don't have a stock seat to check it with!

15. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

I am 6'2" also and i fit fine..but just barely. Any lower on the lid and I would have to mod the seat or use a different seat

16. Youngone1952

Youngone1952

Just read threw your build thread Eric and I must say you are truly inspiring!!! Finding threads like this is what keeps guys like me going man. lol I also find myself in the garage in the am hours while the baby sleeps. Love the colors and your style Man!!!! You better get a trophy room cause your back seat is filling up... Congrats on your kustoms illustrated page man

17. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Got the engine bay detailed out and spiffed up. I filled all the extraneous holes, painted the firewall and inner fenders satin, did the block in gloss black, polished the valve cover and intake, had the Fentons CermaKromed and added the finned air cleaner and breather.

Attached Files:

18. M.Edell

M.Edell

Now it fits the rest of the car! Just because Kustoms have their hood closed most of the time doesnt mean you should have a gnarly engine and compartment..

19. heinz51

heinz51

Damn man two years seems like a quick build. Building a 51 drop top using some old an some new parts. Bagged on all 4 corners with a 292 chevy six and 700r4. It's been 7 months just for the teardown an the mockup.

20. korkus

korkus

Hello to all!

I saw your your forum, it's beautiful!

I am writing to you because you are expert in this field.

I have a Chevrolet Styleline Deluxe 1950. I have to change all 4 wheels. Do you know where I can buy all 4 wheels? And if sending in Switzerland is possible?

Thank you very much for your help!
    Cordially.

Korkus

21. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

This thing is amazing!! I have a 4 door 50 chevy styleline deluxe. I was just searching for some others to see what have been done. I read through the whole thread. Lots of work involved, but the end result is nothing short of perfect!! I love the color scheme and stance. You nailed it. Enjoy driving it and doing what its made for. Very nice build!!!

22. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Thanks Dustdevil, much appreciated! I love the car, but I am considering putting it up for sale soon. I have another couple of projects and I could use the money to fund those. Plus I want to drag my 2yr old around with me this summer and the damned carseat puts her too close to the roof in the backseat....

23. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Love the car the best view driving a Kustoms is this one! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390518171.332985.jpg
    My son Tyler also 2yo sleeping!

24. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Cool pic man! I am building an unchopped 55 buick right now that will be a little more practical for the fam

25. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

My father had a beautiful 55 Buick. Was light green and white. Power everything!

26. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Now for sale

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

27. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

I have the car at the Sacramento Autorama if anyone wants to check it out. I will post up some pics tonight!

28. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Are you still thinking about selling it?

29. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

It is currently for sale

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

30. 54Bel-Air

54Bel-Air

Just seen your ride at the Autorama and the car looks bad ass!!
    Do you have it advertised for sale somewhere?