Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

2. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Scott - you got a good one there, it is very difficult to find a 34 three window in the great shape your coupe is in. Good luck with the project and keep us posted on your build progress.

Steve

3. reagen

reagen

4. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

this is the cats ass!

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

More discoveries of 33-34 Ford coupe bodies gonna be on the horizon for 2014.
    I have a couple coming up that will be posted soon as I can take the pics! Keep digging for those coupe bodies, there are more to be found!

6. ff1930

ff1930
    from lapeer

Here is an updated photo on mine

Attached Files:

7. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

8. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Gow- I'm using a pickup truck cowl for my coupe too-

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Another 34 Ford five window body added to my pile of parts - this one an old racecar. Another project to deal with down the road.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  10. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

nice old racer man! are you getting in to the roundy round seen or some thing for the street and strip in the furture?

nice fire wall mark, great to see some progess.

11. Roadsir

Roadsir

I just picked up 36 firewall to replace my smooth firewall welded in years ago.

Looks great.

12. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Attached Files:

13. budd

budd

geez another one, did you get any extra parts with this one?

14. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

no extra parts with this one. Have collected a lot of 34 Ford parts over the years, so have most of what I need to put this body back in shape. Nothing but fun for me to rebuild these old coupes!

15. ALCAN AV8

ALCAN AV8

Looks like a nice addition to your collection.

16. :eek: Wauw! :cool:
    I'm living in the wrong country... :rolleyes:

17. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

im thinking the same damn thing. i cant find a steel coupe to save my life! atleast one that is priced for a working civilian to buy.
    i cant even find a steel deck lif for my glass car that im trying to make look a little more real!

18. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Well all I can say is don't give up looking for a steel coupe body. By my count there are 77 coupe bodies in an unrestored condition listed on this thread so far - and that is a lot of bodies. If one little thread can attract that many old coupes just think of how many hundreds and hundreds of beat up and rusty 33-34 coupe bodies are still out there. Over the years I have missed out on more coupes than I have managed to buy, but the ones that got away just make me work harder at finding what is out there. Network with other car guys, advertise, and save your money so that when you do find one, you are able to make the transaction. I picked up my last coupe body - an old race car shell - just by sticking an ad on a local internet used stuff for sale site. Guy contacts me, I go and look at the coupe, make a deal and its off to my garage. So don't give up, it takes a lot of work and effort, but if you put in what is required, you will get the result you want.

Attached Files:

19. I do agree with you - but I also think, it is very much a question of supply and demand.
    I know of danish rodders, who drove 1000-1200 miles to get a model 40 coupe, just because you do not see them over here very often. The last project, I saw for sale, was a van body, frame and half finished TCI front end (and properbly a Ford 9" rear axle, but not sure), old registration papers - and that was it! Asking price was dk.kr.120.000,- (aprox $21,700.-), way to high, but that's just because you do not find that many model 40's in DK or EU in general.
    It sucks, but my wish is still to get one some day! :)

20. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Dannerr - you are right it is a question of supply and demand, and the demand for Model 40's is always high. Most of the supply of existing bodies and parts is likely in North America, so I cannot imagine what you guys in Europe do to build a 33-34 Ford. Must be a costly and exhausting experience, and like you say, the price is high on what is available. There have been a few pics of 33-34 Ford coupe bodies posted on this thread that come from countries outside North America, so they are out there.

21. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

These are the two 5w coupes I am starting with. One is a 33 and the other a 34, I am currently working on the 33.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  22. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

I can only upload two photos at a time for some reason!

Attached Files:

23. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

Current progress on the 33.

Attached Files:

24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Nice work, and good to see these old coupes being brought back to life! Thanks for posting the pics.

25. alchemy

alchemy

Jseery, where did the new floorpan and subrails come from? And what quality are they (do they fit well or need lots of tweeking)?

26. Deadelvis2000

Deadelvis2000
    from Austin, TX

Here is my 34. I was told it was formerly a race car in New Mexico somewhere. The part you cant see is "GOOD TIME MACHINE" painted above the front window. Fortunately it came with a nice fordor floor. Now the long and exciting journey of collecting parts.

Attached Files:

27. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

My floor pan parts are Tom Bay, Arkansas City KS. Most of the patch panel parts sold by other venders are his I believe, he is a wholesaler. The sub-rails are from McPherson KS, but sold through Tom Bay. They fit OK, but take some tweeking.

28. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Deadelvis2000 - go to it man! You have got some good stuff to work with there. Look forward to seeing your coupe come together.

29. Well, I guess, it's a matter of patience, persistence and the ability to save up the money to get it, when it's finally there!

They are - and I'll settle for any body type, when it comes along. To own a model 40 is on the top of my bucketlist! Thank god, I'm young and plan to die at the age of 237! :D :cool:

Very cool projects, both of you! Keep 'em pictures flowing! :cool:

30. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

the guys house in google maps..
    His 3 window is in the garage and the 5 window she'll is outside on a stump ..
    I'm trying to sneak a few real pics... I'm working On him to let me get the 3 window done for him , in exchange for the 5 window shell and I'll help I'm sell all the other parts
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392046012.202616.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    gypsy likes this.