Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1933 Ford 3w Coupe in TRK

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 34cpe5w, Feb 2, 2014.

1. 34cpe5w

34cpe5w
    1. 34 Fords

So I have a couple friends on the HAMB that asked me why I have not posted anything on my '33 3w I finished last June. With the summer's activities, work, and daily hussle, I never thought of taking the time to post a thread of it. I kinda felt like I would be tooting my own horn. Well after being pestered again this week by a friend, I told him I would post a short write up and a few pictures.

As many of you know, I mainly mess only with '33-34 Fords. I buy & sell a lot of parts and do the same on here in the classifieds. I know sometimes ones are chastised for only selling parts and not posting on the main message board. My thought with that is I am making available to someone looking for that part or they have the part I need to make my project move ahead. I choose to use my time working in the shop, it does not make me any less of an asset to the HAMB community as I will always take the time to answer a question if someone PMs me. Long story short, this car being done and on the road is because of parts that were bought on here and parts that I sold to fund the project.

Ok, to the car. First & foremost, the car is presently featured in the present issue of Traditional Rod & Kulture (Issue #36). Car was shot by Chadly Johnson (great guy & photographer). I thank Zombie, Chadly, & Titus for making possible & having the car in this great magazine.

Steel '33 3w body, chopped 5" in the front & 4.5" in the back. Laid post back. Put steel in b-pillar & over door (header). Stock '33 frame, flattened front crossmember, custom center cradle to accommodate the LaSalle tranny, and a Model A crossmember out back to clear the quickie.

Engine is a '50 Caddy with Cragar 4x2 intake w/ 94 carbs. All carbs are live & open in unison. Tranny is a '37 LaSalle w/ the '50 Olds tailshaft conversion (thank you Paul!). Rear is a early Culver City Halibrand quickchange. It came from a sprint car in the Twin Cities. It was a neat piece for this car. The grille is a rechromed original. Headlights are 682C. Taillights are '37 Ford with the Zephyr lenses.

Inside the car is a stock seat with a black & copper tuck & roll interior. Stock dash with old Stewart Warner Wings gauges. A thank you goes out to Koz & HomemadeHardtop57 for the 100 mph speedo. All glass in the car is functional except the rear does not roll down.

There is a lot of other odds & ends that make up the car, but no need to bore ya any longer. The magazine has a lot more details on the car and definitely worth picking up. Always a good read.

Car took 7 years to complete, too long for me. I would not have been able to finish the car without the support & assistance from my dad. The rest of my family had to have the tolerance to allow me to slowing complete the car, I guess they call that "Patience".

Here are a few pics of it, my POS camera does not take the quality of pictures that Chadly took for the magazine. I see a lot of nice builds on here and hope you like what I did with this one.

Thank you for taking the time to read this long post (thought I was suppose to keep it short!)

Attached Files:

2. Very nice!!!

3. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

oh yeah! That is my idea of a hot rod. Great job!

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

WOW, that's bitchen! I'll have to hunt down that mag. Congrats on the well deserved feature. And now nobody can give you crap for only posting in the classifieds. Great car!

5. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Beauty coupe ! Thanks for sharing - finally ! LOL

6. "Nice Car" just isn't adequate. That thing is so right on I just love it. Hope you have lots of fun with it this summer!!!! Tim

7. brady1929

brady1929

Sweet hot rod

8. indyjps

indyjps

Great car, the details are so right, any more pics of the build in process

9. Xman

Xman

That is about as nice as it gets. I love it!

10. The term "awesome" is much over-used, but in this case it is quite appropriate. Beautiful hot-rod.

11. very nice.
    Al.

12. 562roadster

562roadster

Such a great looking car! It's threads like these that I subscribe and refer back to. Thank You!

13. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Love the copper and black combo.

14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got the look !

15. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

There's no flys on that!!!

16. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I'm glad you finally got it on the road this summer. It looks great. 7 years isn't too bad when you consider all the 3W bodies you went thru to get a good one. I'm still wanting a ride at BTTF's. Can't wait to see your next project (roadster?).

17. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

18. Roadsir

Roadsir

Pretty much perfect in my book. It is what it isn't....

19. bonesy

bonesy

Dream hot rod! I love it.

20. NealinCA

NealinCA

Wow, bitchin car! It's perfect in my book...

Thanks for sharing.

Neal

21. thequietwon

thequietwon

Oh yea....good as it gets...
    Sam

22. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

It's beautiful. Nice spread in the mag!

23. oldiron63

oldiron63

Thanks for sharing. Nice car!

24. barnfind08

barnfind08
    from minnesota

You did a nice job, sometimes it takes that long. Saw it at the messaround and will be asking you a few questions. I live close.

25. ml_engr

ml_engr

Damn... that is about perfect IMO

26. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Very nicely done.

27. 3blapcam

3blapcam

Looks great Matt! I'd be very proud!

28. I just read that article.
    Congrats, the car is beautiful!

29. 63Compact

63Compact

Sweet looking Coupe

30. Muttley

Muttley

It's not very often I see photos of a car that I wouldnt change at least one thing on.................yours is one of the few.