Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects UPDATED my 1959 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Awesome truck man.

2. Drove across town yesterday to Keeth's house and he got my heater/defroster hooked up. Now I have a toasty cab and a happy girl! :D

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Diz rig'z got swag!!!

4. Nothing new to post. Still daily driving it, doesn't like the cold to much though.

5. Got a snow day today!!

Attached Files:

6. Well come to find out, I had the wrong mixture of antifreeze in my radiator and the negative temps lately..my radiator was frozen the other day. 3 hours later with a halogen flood lamp under the hood and it was all thawed out. So I ran it and everything is fine, drained some of the antifreeze out and topped it off with a gallon of 50/50 so now it wont freeze.

7. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I would maybe try a little heavier mix, my brother in law ran 50/50 while in Tennessee because a shop recommended it and he lost a motor due to it cracking, right at the freeze plug too DOH!

8. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Yup!

9. Got some floor mats for Christmas! It should quiet the cab a little, I'm also gonna buy some more exhaust pipe and finish my exhaust by running it out the back. It's so loud Hailee can no longer ride in it even with ear plugs, she has very sensitive ears.

So no real updates, the truck has been hibernating over the break.

Attached Files:

10. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Jon, you need some fat mat or home depot has that cheaper roof glue back insulation.....

11. sntos63

sntos63

Hey awesome truck! I've been thinking about a 57-60 ford lately! I've always been a Chevy truck guy, but damn it they're all badass! GM, Ford, & Dodge.. Anyway to help with the sound deadening I used that foam mat that has foil on one side for heat and sound deadening and lay it using upholstery glue over Duplicolor black sound deadening spray. From the top of the firewall all the way down the floor pan to the top of the rear cab behind the gas tank. It really helped a ton! With carpeting over it on the floor you can't see it either.

TRADITION NEVER DIES!

12. smarg

smarg

Jon,

I never post on here anymore (last legit post was probably a year ago)

I dont even know how to find stuff on here anymore, these old guys running the HAMB getting spiffy with the forum.

I enjoy reading everything you are doing with your truck. Me being another young gun I can relate and have hope for the future because of people like you.

Cheers!

Smarg

13. Good to hear from you man, was wondering why you hadn't shown up around here. Hows the shoebox comin?

14. Today Hailee bought me some tail pipe so I could quiet the cab down. I now have 2 1/2 feet of pipe after the glasspacks. They now dump out under the rear axle and it cackles alot more now.

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Have you thought about using Dynamat to kill some of the exterior sound? I think Lobocrud is a dealer on here, check the HAMB vendors.

16. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

That lizard skin works very well! Just an idea

17. No, I decided I wasn't gonna use sound deadener because I would have to remove a bunch of stuff and then I would have to buy a rubber mat for the floor because I don't like carpet in trucks. Soo I'm just gonna keep it like a truck, I like hearing the road, creaks, and other sounds that go with an old car.

18. Nothing new to post except for this bad ass pic. I've been helping my buddy with his 63 Fairlane which I have a build thread on.

OH and I ordered a trans kickdown from Lokar, should be here thursday or friday

http://statigr.am/p/642781870070706919_342417059

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  19. Nice burn out john!!

20. Got my Lokar trans kickdown in the mail today, will probably be going on Saturday.

21. Damn man, did your truck catch fire :D :D Cool pic.

22. Thanks to anythinggm I know have a working trans kickdown!!! Runs almost perfect now.

23. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

:) so glad the trans is okay

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. 59 got its taste of driving in the snow yesterday..to and from school. On way home from school it was a little sketchy, slid completely sideways through intersection and I just kept my foot in it and steered haha..anyways it was fun!

Also I'm tired of having problems with my POS B&M ratchet shifter so were getting a 23 inch Lokar shifter..will update when I get that.
    :cool:

Attached Files:

25. Got a Late Christmas/ Early Birthday gift from my Dad and his wife Tina, brand new 23inch Lokar shifter made specifically for my trans!!!
    Should have it on in the next few days.

Attached Files:

26. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Nice truck I miss ny 57

27. Tonight anythinggm put my new shifter in! I F'n love it. I just need to do a little metalwork on the floor tunnel and buy a boot for it.

Attached Files:

28. My friend finished my dash striping today, she started it when I first got my truck. Pretty sweet!

I'll take some in the daylight tomorrow

Attached Files:

29. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

30. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959