Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tire size for 58 Ford Custom 300

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolvato, Jan 30, 2014.

1. coolvato

coolvato

I have searched this form and found some info on tire size but now I&#8217;m a bit confused...Can anyone tell me what size tires (white walls) you have on your 58 Ford or other similar cars. I have read that I might have some trouble removing the rear wheels once I lower the rear 3". I like the G-78 but I&#8217;m wondering if it&#8217;s too big of a tire for my Custom 300, it currently has 14" wheels but I want to go with 15". Any info or pics are much appreciated.<O:p</O:p

Attached Files:

2. I wouldn't think a G78-15 would be a problem, as long as the wheels aren't too wide and/or radically offset. :)

3. coolvato

coolvato

Thanks Animal, I do plan to go with a narrow 15" wheel.

4. I had H70's on a '56 Fairlane back in high school, so the G78's shouldn't be any problem. Maybe you can find one on a stock Ford wheel to borrow for clearance-checking purposes.

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Nice looking 58.. Looks mostly original...

6. coolvato

coolvato

Thanks scrap, yeah it's pretty original except for the fuel injected 5.0 302 in it with auto tranny. Its runs really good with plenty of power just need to ugrade the front brakes and take care of some other minor issues, over all its a great little driver.

7. Here are mine with 800 X 14, Goodyear Custom Super Cushion 2-1/4"WW.

[​IMG]

8. coolvato

coolvato

Flatred those look amazing!!!

9. 57 Ford Kustom

57 Ford Kustom

Cool,
    I have a 57' custom 300, I am running Coker F78's on mine. My Dad had already done the Granada disc swap, so I'm running 15" smoothie's. The Granada spindles drop the front about 2", with 1.5 coils cut out my front end has a total drop of 4". I have 1" lowering blocks in the rear, which gives me a 2" rake front to back. As far as changing the rear tire, it's a pain! Basically I use a floor jack, and jack stand to do it. I carry each in the trunk, but my Dad would just carry fix a flat, then gimp it home to change it. Hope any of my rambling helps! Lol!
    T

10. coolvato

coolvato

Thanks for the info I would like to see your 57, please post a pic if you can. The Granada front brake swap I'm really gonna look into, I really need better stopping power.

11. 57 Ford Kustom

57 Ford Kustom

Cool,
    I'll try to get one up this weekend for you.
    Tim

12. 57 Ford Kustom

57 Ford Kustom

Cool,
    My wife can't figure out how to resize a pic to fit on a post (damn Mac's). Send me a pm with your email address, and I'll send a pic.
    Tim

13. coolvato

coolvato

14. coolvato

coolvato

Thanks for the pic Tim, those F-78 look perfect on your 57.