Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I'm devastated. Bad bad news.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It surely is...and it surely did. Love is magic. But a child's love is beyond awesome.
    Thank you Emily. Thank you George. <!-- / message -->

2. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Sending prayers and condolences to you and your family. That is a terrible loss!

3. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

No tropical fish?

You certainly missed out.... on the joy of spending $12.00 on a new fish to find a $25.00 one missing the next morning....:D

And I thought the wife and I (also childless) had a lot of animals through the years...

4. I don't HAMB much these days, so I am two weeks late on offering my condolences. I am very sorry for your loss, RB.

5. shadams

shadams

Wow man, just went through this whole thread. I teared up a dozen or more times, but I am glad you posted the stories and pictures. I know that had to have helped, it sure helped me!

I am blown away by how a group of car guys can really come together for someone they only know in cyberspace, really amazing. Hope you can find peace with the situation. Take care buddy....

6. Iggys31

Iggys31

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May the soul of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

7. studematt

studematt

So very sorry for your loss. Sorry for being so behind on here. My Condolences to you and your family.

8. OfficerBimbo

OfficerBimbo

Sorry for your loss. We are praying for you and your family. It hurts when God takes his angels back. We can only look forward to the time when we are reunited with those we love, in Heaven.

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No tropical fish...just regular ol' goldfish.

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One day, as she sometimes did...at least in nicer weather...Sandy was hanging out with me in the shop. I told her I needed to walk up to the house and bring the '46 Ford coupe back to the shop. She jumped up and said, "Oh...I'll get get it." "Okee dokee" I replied, and continued on with what I was doing. After a minute or two, I heard the flathead start, and Sandy goosing the throttle a little as she backed out of the side drive. Then I heard her really rev it up...and all hell broke loose. I looked out the big barn door...VRRRROOOOOOOM! here she comes...engine at full throttle, rear tires spinning, and a spray of gravel and dirt. She slowly idled up to the shop door, shut the engine off, got out, stood there and looked at me with a big smile and said, "How was that?"

[​IMG]

11. skidlid

skidlid
    from motor city

Really sorry to hear about your loss, when people pass suddenly we're left with lots of unanswered questions, or things we wanted to say or could have done, people live on through our memories of them, so hold that close and don't ever forget that!

12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

That brought a few tears.... You are lucky to have found a great gal. We all never last forever. We all need to Cherish what time we have with our loved ones.

13. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

So sorry to hear about your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! What a gal. Very cool.

My heart breaks for you Rick. Hang tough, brother.

15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sandy luuuuuuuved flowers and other plants. It wasn't a rare occurrence to see her pull up with a full truck load of things from one of the local greenhouses. The grocery store in the next town also has nice flowers for reasonable prices, and Sandy was there grocery shopping one day, and had picked out two big arrangements of bright yellow flowers for herself. As she continued with the rest of her shopping, a very elderly lady saw the flowers in Sandy's cart and said, "Oh...aren't those so pretty." Sandy talked with the lady for a minute, then continued on with her shopping and paid for her groceries.

And then...I don't even have to tell you, do I...you know what she did. She took those flowers that she'd picked out for herself and gave them to the elderly lady. Sandy came home all happy and smiles and told me what she'd done and said, "Rick, you should've seen the look on that little old woman's face." I told Sandy how proud I am of her. As usual, she replied, "To God goes the glory...I'm just a vessel of his love."

And then I'd tease her and ask for her to tell me exactly what type of vessel she is...a vase?...a mason jar?...a measuring cup maybe?

Another time, Sandy and I were paying for our food at the drive-through. There was a woman in the minivan behind us with her five or six children. Sandy said, "Rick...let's pay for their food." So we did. By the time the woman pulled up to the window and found out her order was paid for, Sandy and I were already heading down the road, smiling and laughing at our sneaky little deed.

At Sandy's memorial service, her employer (Jeremy) stood up to speak. He said some very nice words about the type of person Sandy was, and then related a story...something I wasn't aware of. He told of how when Sandy got to work on the morning of the 13th...the very day she passed away...one of the aides was crying. Naturally, Sandy took her aside and asked what was wrong. The young lady explained that if she didn't pay $100 toward her storage bill, she was going to lose her possessions. Again, I don't think I even have to tell you what Sandy did...you can guess easily enough. She put $100 into an envelope, gave it to the aide and told her not to open it until she got home.

There were many many times I saw Sandy do these types of things. She was always looking to do something nice for someone.

Shortly before Christmas, we had an electrical blackout around these parts. Even though they didn't have power, the folks at the Honey Baked Ham outlet kept the place open so people could get their hams. The store was quite cold and the workers all had their coats and hats and gloves on. And with no power, they had no hot coffee for themselves. Yup...Sandy went to the local Tim Horton's and got them all hot coffee and doughnuts...without telling them beforehand. When she dropped it off, all the employees were n total awe that she would be so thoughtful. They told her, "Nobody ever did anything like this for us before.

But this was typical for her. Sandy wasn't "Nobody"...dork.

16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You and me both buddy.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'm tearing up again Rick. I'll tell her it gave you a lift, shes a sweet little child, really pretty much all 5 yr olds are. Kind of too bad we have to become adults, and lose that innocence. Sorry I didnt check in sooner, I am trying to put what you and keith and I discussed into practice, and spend less time online, and more with my family.

18. AHotRod

AHotRod

What an amazing lady Sandy was, God has given her Special Rewards for all she has done for others.

God will give you Peace,..... he did and still does for me each and every day since I lost my oldest Son at the age of 25.

Turn to no one on earth, but to our God and never turn away. Sandy is waiting for you.

I pray for comfort for your heart and soul.
    God Bless,
    Glenn

19. Cshabang

Cshabang

I dont come around these parts much anymore, so Im late..Its with tear filled eyes Im sending my condolences and prayers..With every story youve proven that she was an angel even on earth...I hope to someday find a girl just like her...Im really sorry.

20. That is just so AWESOME, Rick. Through your posts I feel like I'm getting to know Sandy a little. What a wonderful woman! And you don't sound too bad yourself, my friend.

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No George...not all 5 year olds understand that others have feelings too. Or even more than that, have the desire to make someone else happy when they're sad. So your little daughter Emily is a very sweet and special girl, with a big heart. Kinda like Sandy. In fact, I think you might have a little Sandy there.

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I would be proud if it turned out that way. I am so blessed to have her and her mom in my life. Not every guy gets the opportunity to have a child so late in life.
    I will show her your posts, and read them to her.

23. frosty49

frosty49

I know your loss My prayers

24. oH weLL heLL

oH weLL heLL
    from SOKAL

Didn't know you or her but sorry to hear of your recent loss. We all grieve in different ways, do what you need to do your way. Later.

25. crazy wheel

crazy wheel
    from Missouri

It is more blessed to give, than to receive.
    It sounds like Sandy understood this.
    She made the world a better place for some of the folks that crossed paths with her.
    There is no telling how many lives that her actions touched.
    Prayers

26. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Very sorry to hear of your loss.. My thoughts and prayers go out to you...

27. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

My condolences to you and your family, Rick.

Kevin

28. btt

29. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dear HAMB,

Thank you for watching over my Rick.

Love, Sandy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. You're a richer man for having had such a great woman in your life.