Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Got a line on a Model A mordor.....What would YOU do with it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brett4christ, Jun 18, 2011.

1. I know my car is a 1932 (DeLuxe Model A :D) but you can see the 4 doors can make a nice family car with all the fenders still attached. HRP

[​IMG]

2. X2 that thing is friggin cool

3. and HRP yours is just perfection, i'd kill for that thing

4. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I've always wanted a four door so I could remove the front doors and move the cowl back to the rear doors I always thought that was neat on the few cars I have seen done like that.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Scooter's Modified Murry is the step by step version. :D [​IMG]

6. my bud's moredoor "A"

Attached Files:

7. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I'd buy it and decide what to do with it later. HOTRODPRIMERs is spot on!

8. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

THAT is a work of art!

9. Terrence

Terrence

That thing looks odd did they use tudor doors? The proportions are off

10. von birch

von birch

i have a 1930 murray...i was going to weld the back doors shut, cut out the c pillars and chop, like the one Scarebird put up there, but with panels in the windows liek a sedan delivery...after running into a few problems, i decided to hack the whole roof off (luckily a buddy of mine wanted it for his own project)...but if i could do one thing differently, i wouldve kept the rear doors functional, i love a 4 door tub...good luck!

11. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Can you imagine this thing "hawaiian style"?
    [​IMG]

12. Very nice! One of the nicest 4 doors I've seen! I know I've seen a real nice raw looking fenderless 4 door Deuce. Maybe from the Rolling Bones?? I also think the Rodders's Journal had a nice full fendered Deuce a few issues back. I think 4 doors can be cool if done right. IMO they look best with fenders. But do what you think is cool. Either way, I would snatch it up before you regret it

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I hate 4 doors, but I REALLY like early cars in 4 door body styles. They're funky. I don't even care about rationalizing, talking about the practicality.....who cares. I mean, yeah, there IS that aspect, but that's not what old hot rods are about.
    I think a fordor 30 sedan on 32 rails would be pretty dang cool (I'm sure I've seen them). Early wheels on skinny black wall bigs and littles.

14. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

We've seen cool examples here, both with and without fenders. I think a highboy on Deuce rails would be as cool as you could get. A little off the top might not hurt, but might not be mandatory either. I think if you get the proportions and mechanicals right, it could be cool either with a high degree of detail or a more casual finish.

15. Thanks all! Still analyzing....would probably have to sell a cycle to make it happen, tho'....

AA, It would definitely be a "casual" finish....at best, it would be a Cochran-esque sedan with a throwback SBC....at a minimum, a mild channel and chop with a disguised DOHC four and a banjo rear.

Ideas are still reeliing through my noggin......

16. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

That belongs to Ray from the Saten Angels. Needs a bit off the top.
    Cool little truck though.

17. This - it´s a perfect example of what to do.:cool:

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

For a four door I would keep the fenders on it for sure. Run some 7.00's out back and 5.50's up front both black walls on '35 wires and find your self a nice running flathead adapted to a T5. Call it done and it would be sick.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yup HRP's 4dr is perfection!!! I'd switch to blackwalls for a darker more malicious look.

20. chronisterracing

chronisterracing
    from N.Il.

small chop, custom frame, channeled, early pushrod motor and have fun.

21. Recks30

Recks30

Totally resurrecting an old thread, my apologies, but I'm building a 1930 Dodge DD6 4 door sedan and this 4-door has the exact stance I'm looking for. My wife thinks it's too low, I don't think she can visualize it. Does anybody know who's car this is? Would it be possible to get the height of the fender from the ground? I'd like to show her how it compares to the stock ride height. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  22. This used to belong to HOTRODPRIMER, but he has since sold it and it is now in Japan if I remember correctly.