Register now to get rid of these ads!

Modified Morris Minors, gotta love em!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lexman24, Sep 12, 2009.

1. boutlaw

boutlaw

The MM's are great, so great in fact, that when I was going to the University of Southern Miss back in the late 60's I bought one to build a gasser......, while going to school, real idiot move, regardless, i never finished the car and it got lost somewhere in the backwoods of Mississippi. At the time, there seemed to be quite a few MM's running at Hub City Dragway, one was even powered by a radical 6 cyl Cheby...I still miss that car...

2. Ahall63

Ahall63

Hey guys, I know this post are from 2009 but I'm hoping you all are still members. I love these cars and have finally got one. I'm looking for any info on how to build the frame, any specs or advise would be great. Thanks Adam

3. Heres one I've got in my things to do pile, It has four wheel independent suspension and is going to get a V8 60 for power. The frame is fabricated fron square tube and the rear suspension is fully adjustable A arms with coil overs with a Datsun differential.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Rat Rod Roach

Rat Rod Roach
    from Aurora CO.

Hi Adam,
    Welcome to the HAMB.... I used a 69 datsun pickup frame, shortened 13" back in 1977.... I went 10.06 @ 127 at the HAMB drags and now my car is getting a full tube chassis. That was just way to fast with out some type of protection. I will use most of what I can.. same front axle, rearend ect. all I can say.. I have had my morris for a long time and it finally scared me... ha ha As bad as I want to keep the old time gasser style look... I may have to rethink things if going fast is what I want to do. I found at speed the air going over the car would flow over and under and make thwe front end very light.. as it's a weird feeling when the steering is kinda floating... I may bring the car down some.. still fighting it... I want to keep the look as I first built it...post some pics.

Roach

5. joseph.peter.carter@us.ar

[email protected]
    from USA

Back in 1967, I had a 59 Morris Minor Woodie, in fact it was my first car. Did all of the body work and painted it Plum Crazy, tinted the windows, redid the wood, replace the head on the 948CC motor. Took it down the street and asked a local hot rodder about installing a 283 in it. told me it was to much work for a kid and traded his 2 door, black primer, 327, 4 speed Chevy for it. About a year later, he was running it as a Gasser, at new England Dragway. A year later I was running around with a Orange 55 Chevy (his old one only painted) with black tuck and roll int. And so the games began.

6. my47buicksuper

my47buicksuper
    from sunny fl.

I find this tread funny just because of the car and what poople are shoving in them
    I purchased one of these for a customer it was a woody (traveler)and I couldn't help but smile and read this tread

7. C.R.Glow Neon

C.R.Glow Neon
    from stockton

last year I picked up a '61 all stock and plan on keeping it this way, kinda reminds me of driving a stock model "A", not a lot of power, but lots of fun.

8. thread

9. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

image.jpg image.jpg I just saved this one from the scrap. Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet

10. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

image.jpg
    Saved this49 from going to scrap. Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet

11. Avago

Avago

Here's one we built has jappa running gear goes great super fun and cheap to run

Attached Files:

12. bigaadams

bigaadams
    from Georgia

just dropped in after long absence on HAMB....happened upon this page....happy to see the Morris Minors so well received here albeit many are in gasser form. I own two, a 54 split window saloon and a 68 RHD van out of New Zealand....the van I am currently working cosmetically and light punch-up in drive train. While not on par with the V engines many here prefer, and slightly outside the HAMB years of acceptance, she will be a cruiser with a 5 speed and 3.7 differential to be highway friendly. I'll show them punk kids on 50cc motor scooters a thing or two...!!

13. Jim the Sweep

Jim the Sweep

Oh yes. There was a great desire to make British stuff look American. Not always successfully though!