Register now to get rid of these ads!

US Royal Masters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50Fraud, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Tony, I wasn't aware of this topic when i posted a similar one.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563905

Those 50's-style Masters would certainly be another tire Cokers or someone should repop.

Remember General Dual 90 triple whites? Here they are on my '59 Cad back in '66. I painted the two inner rings black, leaving only the outer 3/8" white.
    [​IMG]

2. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Glad to know that I'm not entirely alone in remembering these as a good thing!
    My enthusiasm for getting them reproduced is, unfortunately, following the path of most other passions of mine:

[​IMG]

3. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Tom... A bud of mine put a set of Dual 90s on his black '62 Ford Galaxie 406. I told him those triple striped whitewalls looked like a circus wagon...We blacked out the 2 inner stripes, same as you did. (Santa Clara, 1963)

He got lots of compliments...

5. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Great minds think alike, Mike!

I guess there is a company making triples now, but they are nothing like the Generals (at least as I remember them).

6. chrisbob12

chrisbob12

I had a set on my 1950 Olds Coupe. Good lookin tire.

7. I had a set on a 63 Poncho. They were a very pretty tire, but I found driving on them felt like they were a little squirrely. I loved the look of the tires, but I was so unhappy with them that I replaced them with some plain looking radials. The difference in handling was so pronounced that it felt like I had purchased a brand new car.
    Bob

8. I know! I had a set on my 49 ford coupe...bad ju-ju...replaced 'em with radials and the car drove like a new car.

9. 51custom

51custom

Here North of the 49th...they were called Dominion Royal Masters same as in the ad above, but were produced by Dominion Rubber Products that later became Uniroyal The competition to those back then, was Goodyear Double Eagles which had 2 white Eagles spaced along the white wall...Nice.
    Jim

10. 1958 IMPALA

1958 IMPALA
    from CA

11. toneron2

toneron2
    from Michigan

10 years ago I asked Coker to make some. Here is the response. They were on my dad's hot rod Corvette.

I just sent another inquiry today.

Maybe we need to get an order together?

----- Forwarded Message -----
    To: Tony Slosar <[email protected]>; Gary Brewer <[email protected]>
    Cc: 'Bruce Snyder' <[email protected]>; 'Patrick Moates' <[email protected]>
    Sent: Friday, May 7, 2004 12:24 PM
    Subject: Re: RE: Coker Tire: 1963 US Royal master tires

Tony, these are great looking tires and we would love the opportunity to build them for you. However, to design a new mold and produce a tire we would need a minimum order of 500 tires. If you place the order, you could probably make a good amount of money selling the rest of them off. Unfortunately, we have not had enough demand for these tires to warrant building this many. Building fewer tires would drive the cost up to the point that they wouldn't be affordable. Should you decide to place the order, we will be glad to get started on them for you and hopefully have them produced by early next year. If we can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Best Regards,

Patrick Moates
    eSales & Marketing
    Coker Tire Co.
    1-800-251-6336
    423-265-6368
    Ext. 254
    [email protected]
    Order Online at the NEW www.coker.com!

Chas. Howard and Tuck like this.
  12. Chas. Howard

Chas. Howard

I'm still waiting for a couple of used ones : )

13. Chas. Howard

Chas. Howard

14. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

An Omaha local Bob Burdick back in the 50's had a knockout red 37 Ford flat back with the smooth side wall U.S. Royals, seems they were 800 or 900 's not sure, but the rear wheel wells were neatly opened up a bit to accommodate them & keep things in perspective.

15. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Out of my budget back then for sure. Mostly on big cars Cads, Lincoln, Buick, Olds, Chrysler, including Imperials…