Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. I'll try to get these turkeys to come out with me Bruce Bad Boy.jpg

Bruce Cox.jpg

Bruce s office.jpg

Augies Ax.jpg

Larry's Ax.jpg

2. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

3. i have a taker falfasnightmare is going to do the work. he's not too far from me about 15-20 mins away. the tape also shows four wide funny cars. my friend here in town owns one of them shown. the garcia bros camearo flip top. the beswick car is the white car i believe 64. i think there is footage of the mystery tornado also. mr noms sedan is shown also. there is a match race with the gay pontiacs. cool pit action when they pull in their rig with both cars. there is no racing sounds only wls out of chicago playing oldies in the back round. i heard rumors over the years leek would play the previous weeks races at a theater in downtown chicago. thats how all the footage came about. he could make money on the race then do it again at the movies. the quality of the tape i would say is above average due to its age and how many times it has been copied. i also have quit abit of us -30 footage. if there is enough interest i may make some to sell at the track.

4. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

cool!

5. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

BIGDRAG - what an awesome rail!!!!

Panneton.....AWESOME cars, I recognize alot of the 55's......get them to come!! They will not regret it!

6. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

ya but but but what The Oldsmobiles...:eek:

now I really feel left out .....[​IMG]

7. Can't quite tell with the nose flipped up, but you've got a 64-65 there, and the cut off is '66, so your golden. I have a fresh 455, I can bring out for you too. PM me if your interested.

8. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

That's an AWB Olds......

9. dblgun

dblgun

Now we're talking, Rocket power in an AWB Olds....

10. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

Thanks for the offer on the engine
    Unfortunately I have a long way to go yet
    before the engine goes in. But it will be Olds power.
    I did have it 2yrs ago at The Melt Down. There was a lot of interest
    in it. I dont want to bring it back till it runs.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  11. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

UPDATE : GENE CROMER

Well guys.....here is an update....I am so PROUD to be helping with this....after todays donation...from Panneton Bros....(you guys are rock stars in my book)

The Gene fund is at $925.....I am still waiting on some checks to arrive....but we have close to that amount.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you can spare $25 we can get to the $1000 goal......

PM Me or Paypal.........if 3 guys pony up.....The Gene Cromer Willy's will be attending!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  12. Saxxon

Saxxon

Here's a preview of the Prefect we are bashing on. Hoping to get it sorted out in time for Meltdown this year. We have every intention of leaving the body in all it's Patina glory

Almost ready for the mind numbing hose, line and electrical. Then we need to figure out the Hilborns and how to set up the magneto... How many days left ?

Attached Files:

13. Attached Files:

14. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Brian, we would be interested in both. From what your telling us, that is the same footage from Byron that I seen also. No cars sounds but oldies music.

15. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Can't wait to see your car run again this year.

16. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Good to see your still working on the car. Can't wait to see it done!!

17. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

WOW....is all I can say....the call went out last night for Gene Cromer and the call was answered! I am going to be waiting for some checks but with the flood of donations last night....I think Gene will be able to attend and have dinner as well!!
    THANK YOU all for stepping up and making donations to see this legend come to the Meltdown!
    I would like to comment, that putting this on is not a one or 2 man band...there is a large group of guys and gals who work on this thing starting the week after it ends every year. We are fortunate to have the "right guys' helping and with the recent edition of the Border Bandits getting involved success was assured. From the beginning we NEVER wanted it to be half assed....we know guys are planning their summers around the event and arguing with their wives to postpone the family Disney land trip to come to the Meltdown......THANK YOU to all the MDA members who CONSTANTLY step up when asked and CONSTANTLY put the Meltdown in the front of their mind so we can put this on for all of you guys!!!

Again THANK YOU Brothers Racing....and numerous others for your donations last night.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU......I am PROUD to be part of this with these types of guys out there...how could you not!

18. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

I will post a grand total once all checks arrive......it could be $near $1200

19. Heck, I say keep the donations rolling if your so compelled, and Bless Gene with a parting gift right to his next race. :)

20. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Man, thats cool how a bunch of trashtalkers come together to bring in one of the kast REAL racers left, good job to all......
    With that being said, maybe a sat nite party to honor the MAN is in order.
    (anything would be better than that sorry ass burlesk show last year)
    Saxxon.......I love it the way it is

Meltdown Drags July 18-20 2014
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[​IMG]
    </FIELDSET>
    This car will have them hillbillys scratching their head, nice addition for the north side bombers for sure......good job Joel
    I hope them southerners bring some siuthern fried chicken cause the north is brining a full case of whipass out.......and a little left coast pudding for those to the left................Better call the general lee Quain............

21. Ok boys, we're official #216, but I have to reverse some smack talk about a certain unnamed altered, owned by an unnamed individual, (that little Fiat that Paul owns). Here ya go brother..,

Fastest
    Injected
    Altered
    To date :)

Johnny, that was a pretty good little piece of smack cake.., and it only took you like 4 days to come up with it too. Just so ya know, I live on the "left" coast, but I'm "right" as rain, and the only pudding we're bringing is the "pudding you on the trailer flavor". Great that you got that Bad Boy 40 Chevy for your side, now you've finally got one car, that should we less than 3000 lbs, so maybe all the scale whining will end. You should think about taking the air conditioning unit, and the mini fridge out of your Nova, to give yourself a fighting chance. :)

22. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

When I'm done dancin with Quain, Ill be lookin for a liteweight lefty for dessert...........................
    Nobody and I mean NOBODY called Mike Tyson a fatass......
    BUT if you did..........and I only carry a cooler, dont have ac current plumbed yet

23. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2, this is a great idea.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  24. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Something cool here,
    Me and my fellow gasser buddy Wally took Rich and Mary Zettle down the track at the meltdown for their 40th anniversery.
    Now THIS is what you would call FUN drag racing, Wally and I had a great time and hopefully so did the Zettles.... This is what its about guys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvDpis4Axag

25. lol...

26. I heard the Zettles really enjoyed and appreciated it. Thanks for doing it.

27. What, were you asleep at the light?

28. Nope, just wanted to wait a bit, so there was plenty of rubber on the launch pad..., and because, in one of my crap stirring flurrys, I noticed guys talking about getting preregistered, so I thought I better get that done so the "Northern Boys" wouldn't have an excuse to not let us run.
    Ya, know now that I think of it, they were all happy to dare, double dog dare, triple dog dare, quadrupal dog dare, me to come (which is pretty easy when your challenging someone that is 1750 miles away). I think that when the Panneton Bros. "answered the call to arms" there may have been some sudden knee shaking in the ranks, and hurried, nervous whispering of, "holy crap, we didn't think they'd actually come! Joel, Koop, Johnny, Paul, what ever you do, for the love of mercy and all that is right in the world, and the safety of all that we hold dear (3450 lb. Nova's), DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TELL THESE MAD MEN HOW TO PREREGISTER!., RETREAT, RETREAT, RETREAT! :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  29. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

The more to see the sluaghter of the south......the better.
    Were very happy to see you become a part of it. Now go take your holesaw out and use it.....yer gonna need it

30. I'm burn'n em up as we speak. There aint a hardware store in a 50 mile radius of me that has anymore in stock! Maybe better put a micro wave oven in the trunk of "Rotund Orange" Johnny, I'm gonna be hungry, after me & "The Child" get done spraying your windshielf full of rubber, clutch dust, and chips of old laquer paint that flakes of our cranky ole ladies ass everytime we dump the clutch and yell giddyup!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014