Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration An Emotional Connection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 28, 2014.

1. DRD57

DRD57

Thanks for sharing that , Jay.
    God bless you.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

What a wonderful and heart warming thing to read. God Bless. Steve

3. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

My neighbors had a little fiat spyder in the garage for the 6 years I have lived here. We never really talked about the car being they aren't car people and it wasn't in my interest. Well, their only son graduated and sadly two days later, died in a swimming accident. fast foreward a year and I came home to see the little roadster loaded on a trailer heading away. I visited with my neighbors a bit to find they had stopped driving their little car after their son was born and since it didn't run anymore, they didn't know what else to do with it... Hardly a day goes by I don't wish I had offered the same thing to this couple, we have talked about it and I do think they do wish they could still have and drive their little car....If I had known the history, I would have offered to get this little car running and driving for them.

4. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Awesome deal! Good on ya Jive. There's sure to be good karma coming your way-hopefully in vintage Hot Rod parts on the cheap.

Bet there might be some fresh baked goods or BBQ in the future coming across the street for you and the kids...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Poignant . I enjoy all of your posts but this one is the best. It was fate that you moved next to her. Maybe not your fate, but hers. These are the rewards that follow you to heaven.

6. Stories like these give me the sniffles, Good on you all.

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Nice life lesson to pass onto your kids as well. Hero's are not celebrities. They are around us in real life. Doing real work,kind gestures, meaningful acts.

8. deuce354

deuce354

Thanks for sharing. You are quite a guy. Your mom & dad are proud of you ! Were ever they might be. They raised you well.

9. Thank you for sharing this, Jive. Very awesome of you...

10. LongT

LongT

I'm not sure if this fits on this thread or not.

I have a T-bucket, barely HAMB friendly some would say. Anyway I keep thinking of selling it and getting a couple. I bought the T partially built when I had just gotten what I thought was a real good job. The car was in the newspaper the Sunday after my first week. Its an 8" longer T body. I'm 6'4" and it helped.

I bought it on the spot. My wife was out of town. When she got back I said "guess what I bought" she said a hot rod. I said yes and she said cool. So the job lasted 1 year. During the unemployment period that followed I wanted to sell it many times. My wife said it doesn't cost anything to sit there and you can do a lot for no money.

So the car got me through some difficult times. But the most difficult is when I asked my 10 year old granddaughter what she would think is I sold it. She said that she would be sad because my grandson, about 14 months at the time, would not get to ride in it.

How do you fight that!!

Bill

11. flamingokid

flamingokid

Excuse me while I wipe my eyes .

12. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

About 12 years ago a friend of mine Russ called and asked me to stop by and see his new car. I went to see Russ the following Saturday and to my surprise there was a 31 Ford Vicky sitting in his garage. The car was in good condition and parts that were assumed missing were lying in the back floor. I got a good laugh when the door was opened to reveal cloth leopard print seat covers. I was amazed at the condition of the car. It was a true time capsule !!!
    I asked Russ who was a DeKalb County, Georgia Policeman how he found the car and were it came from. Russ had answered a call reporting a possible breaking and entering. Upon arriving at the address, a Little Grandma answered the knock at the door. She explained to Officer Russ that she had noticed that the door on the old wood garage was open and explained that it had always been locked with a large padlock. She stated that she was afraid to investigate without assistance and had called the police.
    Russ asked the Lady to stay in her home until the building was checked out and any intruder could be located. He returned to her door carrying the padlock still attached to the old door latch (hasp) and advised her that the property was secure but she would need to have someone replace the lock and hasp.
    Russ asked the Lady about the car and she began to tell her story. The car had been owned by her husband who attended Georgia Tech during WWII. She and her husband had dated in that 31 Ford, married and went on their Honeymoon is the same car. It had been a part of her life since the early 40's and had been locked in the garage since her husband had died years before.
    Being a car guy Russ asked if she would consider selling. Her answer was "NO", I have to many "Good Memories" with that car. Russ left his business card with her and simply asked if she would call should she change her mind about selling.
    For a little over a year Russ would stop by while on duty just to check on the Lady and her answer was always "No" I can't let it Go !!!
    Almost 2 years had gone by when his phone rang and the Lady reminded him that he had not stopped by in a while and she wanted to talk with him about the car. She stated that she was getting to old to keep the car and stated with emotion that she wanted the car to have a Good Home.
    The following weekend the car went home with Russ on a trailer. Payment price was in the opinion of the Lady extremely high for an old car. $500.00 to Russ was the Deal of the Century. Sometimes your Good Deeds will come back to "Bite You" in a Good Way.................................True Story...................Jeff

13. Great story JB....God Bless you for helping her! My grandfather was named Jack. He died before my grandmother. She had altziemers and I could see this story relating to her.....very nice dude!

14. My glasses are getting these smudges on them. These kind of stories are why the HAMB is the great place that it is. Stories like this restore my faith in humanity.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  15. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

X2 :eek::)

16. Everyone needs to get the opportunity to read this thread again. Heartwarming story for sure.

lothianwilly71 and hrm2k like this.
  17. Back up............just because.

ct1932ford and lothianwilly71 like this.