Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Looking for vintage salvage yard location and name (Miami valley OH area).

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65Mike, Jan 28, 2014.

1. 65Mike

65Mike
    from Kentucky

A couple of years ago I visited a vintage hole in the wall salvage yard somewhere in the Miami valley area and I lost the name and location of the place. Had tons of trucks, etc.

You drove down a long dirt road, let up to a beat up old house / trailer.

The cars looked like been there a million years.

Who in the ohio area can help me out and tell me the name and address of the place again if you know which one I'm talking about.

Thanks.

2. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

The only salvage yard I know about is Stark Wrecking in Miamisburg Ohio off of Route 4. It has 55 acres of 40s-80s model vehicles. Your description of the road is accurate, reminded me of a jeep trail. :D

3. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

4. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

They used to have a decent collection of parts. I haven't been there in many years I had been told they were shut down. Guess I should have checked for myself!

5. 65Mike

65Mike
    from Kentucky

That's the place...I hope not shut down, I might be picking up a project and need a couple things I know they had at one time.

Have to try and find out I guess if they are or not.

Thanks...

6. mechanic58

mechanic58

I love wandering through old junkyards like this. I could do it all day long.

7. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I was there last year and the place was still in business, wandered around for a few hours but ran out of daylight before I could see it all. If you go watch out for Horse pies...