Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Roadster Crash INSIDE GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -Brent-, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belair

belair

NO one on this thread knows what caused a relatively simple accident. Don't get us trying figure out women!

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Quoting King Solomon?:D Sounds like something a "wise" man would say.;)

3. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

What a nightmare for the car owner.If you ever had a throttle stick you know there isn't much time to react, especially with high HP motor. Thank god nobody was killed. The judge sounds like he will recover , hopefully without long lasting problems from this. Screw the car! People you can't replace ,cars you can.

4. Hope Vic heals up quickly!

Here are the two best quotes on this thread!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

5. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

amen

6. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

hope all is well. glad to see no one hurt bad...

7. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I read about this a few different places online right after it happened, mainly someone sent me a Facebook link, I don't do the whole Facebook thing, but as soon as it happened 100 people instantly called the guy a dumbass and saying he needs to learn how to drive! All kinds of shit like that.. Bunch of keyboard warriors that have never built a hot rod, don't know the first think about setting up linkage on a blown small block Chevy, let alone own a damn wrench to attempt it... I feel bad for the guy. Mechanical accidents happen.. cut the guy a break.. Luckily everyone is still alive, it's a car, it can be fixed

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

9. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

I wanna see more pics of that intake...

10. 8BALLEXPRESS

8BALLEXPRESS

Unfortunate to see this happen, hope all are healing well.
    As an attendee of too many shows with cars, boats, tractors, monster trucks, etc..ANY time I hear something fire up I'm looking around to see where it is and if I'm in the line of trajectory. I make sure I have a path to safety in case the inevitable happens (and it has).
    Now that I take my 11 y/o son to shows with me, I have two people to keep a watch on. I am a regular attendee of the Back to the 50's show in St. Paul, Minnesota and with all the cruising that goes on I generally keep off the street if I can.
    Be alert of your surroundings and enjoy the show.

11. When I was first starting out working on cars, I was in high school and our first classes were safety related for working around cars, etc. You do have to be aware of what's going on even as far as where the exits are in case of a fire.

Its too bad that someone has to be hurt to make us aware of this once more.

Bob

12. ...More pics of the accident...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      390.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      430.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      423.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      422.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      267 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      343.6 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      446.6 KB
      Views:
  13. the-rodster

the-rodster

Where's the gas pedal?

[​IMG]

14. Good Question ^^^^

15. That looks like the POS Speedway pedal I bought 15 years ago. So flimsy it bent in my hands. Never installed it.

16. the round pedal is the gas? or the brake?

17. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

There is a brown rag on the floor covering it.

The round pedal is the brake obviously ,

18. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Is that carpet or what's left of a gas pedal on the floor to the right of the brake pedal? Is there still no word on the judge or did i miss something, hope he is doing better

19. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I thought you could not show in a previous show to be in contention for the AMBR. (why you can not do both Riddler and AMBR now)

21. Me to

AMERICA’S MOST BEAUTIFUL ROADSTER
    Sponsored by Pirelli Tires –WINNER WILL BE AWARDED $10,000, Trophy, & name on the 9’ Perpetual Trophy.
    To qualify, owners must verify that it is the first time the vehicle has been entered and shown in a judged competition where a judges sheet has not been ran on the vehicle. Open to all United States built roadsters, roadster pickups and touring vehicles 1937 and older, including designer roadsters that resemble a 1937 or older roadster. The AMBR is a special class with awards for Display, Engineering, Undercarriage, Paint, Engine, Interior, and Detail. All entrants will receive a class participation award and therefore are not eligible for other Rod Category class awards. Vehicles are eligible for other Grand National Roadster Show pick awards except for the Al Slonaker award. All AMBR entries must be operable. All vehicles must run, drive forward and reverse, turn left and right, under their own power. Vehicles must be able to stop using their own braking system. All AMBR entries will be displayed in 20x20’s. All AMBR contenders must bring their own display. (Photos required). The AMBR winner is determined by a point system from the judging staff.

22. Technically it says that a owner must verify that a "judges sheet has not been ran on the vehicle" so I guess if it was not judged it can still qualify.

23. cayager

cayager

id agree with that. things go wrong very quickly and those floors are very slick for sure. who knows what happened. man that could have mowed down tons of people.

24. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I am so moved and touched by the great outpouring of concern and sympathy for the man injured and the owner/builder of the car......it is so comforting to know that everyone that posted how you would have done better are Top Class Builders and have always built things right every time they touched a car......I know myself it is refreshing to know all of you who trash the owner for what he should have done and how you would have mashed the brake or e-brake or turned and drove the car down the hallway and out into the parking lot away from everyone's danger....it is good to know you people still exist and are always around to give your opinion and advice to many of us stupid people who still make mistakes and things don't always go right in our lives.............bless all of you for your wonderful talents and knowledge...I'll sleep tight tonight knowing my country is safe because of you.

25. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This.

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Accidents happen. They always have and always will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.