Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Slammed 31 A coupe....FINISHED!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hooliganshotrods, Jun 27, 2012.

1. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Looks fantastic! Fire it up yet?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Love that Coupe................"GREAT JOB"

3. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Love everything about this build!

I'm gonna steal a few of your ideas when I start my frame.

Viva

4. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thank you

Thanks

5. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Got a good start on the interior, Been playing with different texture panels and so far haven't been to happy with much, today I built these pieces and since I've riveted them all in I guess they have to stay:rolleyes:

Pretty happy with how things are starting to come together inside. Lots of panels left to make, drill, and rivet but you can get a general feel for how it will look inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The guy I had in mind to do the upholstery can't do it until the end of Feb. at least and I can't wait that long so I grabbed some chocolate colored vinyl and foam and made my own, I needed it for mock up for the floor panels and it actually doesn't look to bad, I'll eventually have a pro do it in the spring but at least I can carry on.

6. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Got a little more done on the interior panels. Made the door panels, alot more drilling and riveting to go to final mount them but that will have to wait until I get the glass cut this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. drflex

drflex

lot's of cool in this build thanks for taking the time to post

8. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks

9. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Well its been pretty close to 3 years since I started this car and almost 2 years since I had the motor built. FINALLY after all this time and all the work,the car started for the first time today!! No problems and the engine sounds really rank. Got a nice lump from the cam. I'll post a video in the next day or so.
    A BIG thanks to my Dad and brother for all their help getting it going today. Now I can final mount the flooring and finish:cool:

10. pecdaddy

pecdaddy

Great build. Love that interior.

11. ml_engr

ml_engr

Interior looks great! Congrats on getting it running

12. telekenfun

telekenfun

Dean, You have created a fantastic interior,wholly appropriate for your "slammed A". You have exhibited your unique vision and incredible craftsmanship. I love your coupe! Congratulations on the "first firing". I know that is an exciting and emotional experience. Next big deal will be the first drive, in our climes that will be a painful wait, hopefully by late March. Please do a post of your first outing, and your impressions of how it rides, handles, goes. What's left to do? I appreciate all your posting for us, please keep it going. Best Regards and Good Luck with all your endeavors, KB.

13. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks guys, interior will look even better once it's all complete and riveted. I owe a big thanks to my Dad and bro for all the help they've been giving me getting it going and tieing up loose ends.

Thanks a lot. Yeah, it will be painful to wait for spring to drive it but I've waited 3 years anyways so I can tough it out a little longer. At least now I can start it whenever I need some motivation:cool:
    As for what's left to do: getting the glass cut hopefully this week, just making the patterns to drop them off at the glass cutter. I've also got about 6 more panels to make for the interior, along with a lot of layout for holes, drilling and riveting. That's basically it.

14. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Looks good. Trying to decide if I go with upholstery or aluminum panels on my Coupe.

15. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks, your coupe is sweet, whatever you choose for interior I'm sure will look great.

16. 4444Design

4444Design

17. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

18. Gottkts

Gottkts
    from Hampton

Car sounds great, probably one of the sickest builds on the hamb.

19. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks

20. Hellbentrodder

Hellbentrodder
    from Cotati

Looks and sounds AWESOME! Nice build.

21. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn Dean. You guys need to live a little closer. I need the help!

22. norcal rizzo

norcal rizzo

You think your sooooo damn cool with your chopped top, perfect stance and big-ass hemi, but ive got news... oh, wait, all that does make you cool. Absolutly bitchin build man, your talent and imagination seem to know no-boundries.

the metric system? never heard of it.......

23. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Love the snow outside in the video! What else can you do but build bitching hotrods in the Canadian winters!

24. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Cool, thanks

Hey Don. Have you gotten anymore done on your 37 or your 34? We're planning on coming down again this summer for the swap, we'll have to meet up again.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App![/QUOTE]

LOL, that made me laugh. Thanks man.

Thanks

25. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yea Dean I am working the body as much as I can. Last year was a little nuts after dad passed away. I got all of his body tools etc. and have put them to work. I need some of your welding classes though.
    As for this summer I hope to get you guys and a couple of my other buddies together for dinner somewhere. You guys might get a kick out of seeing a 1913 Maxwell.

LOL, that made me laugh. Thanks man.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

26. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Don, good to hear your banging on the body. That's gonna be one nice 37 when you get done with it.

27. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Picked up another 1500 rivets yesterday to finish off the interior, only a few panels left to make and a lot of drilling to mount them. Gonna focus on getting the windshield frame chopped and mounted today and then make the templates for the glass so I can have it cut next week. Getting really close to calling it finished now:D

28. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

A few more panels made, still need to rivet. Dropping off the glass templates tomorrow, hopefully I'll have the glass in a couple days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. aidanfancystang

aidanfancystang
    from calgary

wow Dean that interior looks awesome, I may have to go for a walk down the road when it warms up and take a look.

30. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks, it's getting closer everyday. I'm glad you posted, I lost your number and address and still owe you for the dash you left in my driveway. If you have my number still give me a text sometime. I'll also have the car at WOW in Calgary on Feb.21 if you want to see it in person.