Register now to get rid of these ads!

Childs play... Blown & injected A coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hellblue, Feb 5, 2011.

1. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

From a guy that deals in mini fiberglass bodied cars all of the time, let me just say WOW!!

To build that from scratch is impressive. Now that you have the mold you can produce more of them. Just need to figure out how to get them shipped over here to the states or if you are not interested in making them for market I would be if you are interested in selling the mold?

I am interested in some input on the drive train you are using, I have been looking at those 110CC motors with the built in transmissions for some of my rides and would like to know how they perform. I would like to see about putting one of them in my Divco or Thunderbird bodies since it is engine and transmission is a compact 17" package.

Any chance we can get you to shoot some video and put it on Youtube?

Attached Files:

2. Thanks for your reply, when we go to the next show later this month i will take some video of it
    The engines work well our's is 8 hp 3speed & rev semi auto great for the shows ! but we will go to a full manual 12hp next for racing
    A friend has a single speed version, that tot rod is a lot lighter than ours & it runs the 8th mile in low 16s at 42mph with no mods (yet)
    Weight is not on my side so we are a touch slower (for now !) we didnt build them to race as such just to have fun so even thier one is far from race weight !
    My rear axle is a bit more involved as the weight & needs made it so but could be a lot simpler if needed, we use the 428 chain as you can get the sprockets to fit the kart axle sprocket carriers
    As for the bodies i will do some at some point but we are just having fun with it all for now, though i doubt that shipping to the states (in good packaging ) would cheap ! (send me a message re the body & when it happens i will let you know)

3. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

And I thought my kids were spoiled!!.....That coupe is the cats ass!!....heres a pic of my boys T bucket from the world of wheels

Attached Files:

4. Deuces

Deuces

Cool! :D Does it have an electric starter??? Could use some close ups of it!!! :)

5. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Screw junior dragsters, Junior COMP COUPE!!!

6. yes it does have electric start not got an engine close up to hand , i will take one for you & post it

7. I would love them to take it on, even with build rules like junior dragster as we only have one track that will let them run ! (lucky its the one we go to anyway !!)

8. here are a couple of short video's i took last weekend at the hot rod hayride....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

click on the above 2 for the video & a couple of pics below

[​IMG]

Jack got asked to drive the film crew around the site for the event video !!
    [​IMG]

9. F-in rad!!! nice job

10. robleticia

robleticia

11. here you go, a lot of the lifan ect engines can be had with electric start they dont have a kick start though...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. the first vid reminds me of the Jimmy White Model A with Hemi video

13. Forddraggin

Forddraggin

Man I love that coupe.Nice videos of it

14. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I don't know how I missed this thread the first time round. Damn that's cool. I'm amazed that you could scale down the body lines and have it come out so perfect. Great work.

15. jpnewlin

jpnewlin

beautiful work!

16. cayager

cayager

wow when i was a kid i got a go cart from sears. it looks crappy now

17. Poor Horatio

Poor Horatio
    from Mayberry

Lucky!!!!!!!!!! Very cool good luck.

18. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc