Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parts washer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55conv, Jan 28, 2014.

1. 55conv

55conv
    from MI

I've always used mineral spirits in my parts washer. Getting pretty grungy and needs a change. But its getting pretty expensive around here,around 10 to as much 15 bucks a gallon. Anybody got alternatives that might work as good in a parts washer? Thanks

2. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

I use Varsol, but it isn't cheap (in Canada anyway).

3. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

We just use stove oil(kerosene)

4. stimpy

stimpy

if its getting grungy filter it , we ran filters on the one at the shop and it stayed clean for years and we only had to top off what evaporated . we used a hydraulic filter as it will pull the most crud out and also will hold a high pressure . finding a pump that can push the stuff thru is another story . but they also sell a filter sock that your regular pump can push thru and it works well also .

5. burnout2614

burnout2614

I use plain mineral spirits. peace

6. 53 sparky

53 sparky

We used to use straight Diesel. When I got my own parts cleaner, that's what I put in it. Works great.

55Conv - It's going to take you a while to get past being a FNG if you joined in March 2008 and you still only have 2 posts. Just sayin. :)