Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage new swap meet in cartersville, ga 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasmanm01, Nov 20, 2013.

1. I know it is a little early, but starting in febuary thru november, 2014, the 2nd sat. of each month, we will be having a monthley swap meet at the american legion fair grounds in cartersville. we will be supporting the legion and our veterans. the info is on the flyer. please call me or om me with any questions.stay tuned for more exiting things coming!

Attached Files:

2. Our first swap meet will start the 2nd sat. in feburay-2014. we will have it every month on the 2nd sat. up to november. We have put out over 3000 flyers, are on numerous websites, and have had vendors all over the south, and as far as penn. call and e-mail. we hope everyone who can will join us and meet old friends and make new ones.

3. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

My dad's family was from Cartersville. I was there once in 1966.

Good job supporting the veterans and good luck.

4. dapirate

dapirate
    from Alpharetta

About an hour away from me, I'll have to go check it out. :cool:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Gas Man, Seems like Cartersville is becoming the place to be when playing with Old Cars. I lived in Adairsville for a while and still have relatives in Cartersville.
    As Luck would have it, I have moved to North Carolina for retirement and don't get back there often.
    I will get the word out to all of my Old Friends in Georgia. Thanks for the Post and Thanks for Your concern for Our Veterans.................... Jeff

6. we appreciate anyone helping get the word out. we are on some websites, ragtopsrunningboards mag.and some others. any of you guys want some flyers to hand out, pm me and I will send them. Our plan is to make this a go to event each month to give gearheads and businesses a place to meet and showcase there products. We will also be planning a 2 day show probably around oct. when the weather is cooler.There is a lot to see and do around our area, museums, lake allatoona and the mountains.

7. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

nice . . . wasn't there a car show up there in the publix (I think?) parking lot on the 2nd saturdays?

8. Used to. They have the big one on the first saturday eve. On the square thru the summer. It is packed at times, a few hundred cars and bands playing

9. Sounds cool! I'll try to make it.

10. StrickV8

StrickV8

Bttt. Close by so will have to check it out.

11. We are Hoping the weather will be good, just do not know. We will keep our fi hers crossed and hope for a break for our first e ent

12. Well, I am getting exctied, we are 25 days away from our very first swap meet in cartersville, ga. I cannot believe it , but I have had phone calls and emails from as far away as fremont, nebraska, arkansas missouri,the carolinss, even penn. From a big vendor. We hope the weather will co-operate and will be a nice day. I encourage you to call or e-mail me if the weather is uncertain. The ladies of theamerican legion will be selling breakfast, hot coffe, ect. I am overwhemed with the response we are getting. Thanks to all who has helped get the word out. Thiz will be a continuing event through the summer. We will be moving the date to the 3rd weekend in june as we alwys go to bowling green to the nhra reunion. Thanks to all in advance

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am planning on being there

14. Look forward to seeing you. Thanks for the help. We are getting a lot of calls and e- mails. Had one from Freemont, nebraska asking directions. Hoping for a break in the weather.

15. Well we are 12 days away. From the first of many swap meets. Just hoping the weather will be decent. We can handle the cold, but not a hard rain. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best

16. burnout2614

burnout2614

Cool. I am bringing some bike stuff. Hope the weather is good. peace

17. We are 6 days away, hoping for a break with the weather

18. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

19. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

So I take it that the date is actually the 8th, and not the 11th as stated on the flyer?

20. Yes , the 8th. The print shop was looking at jan., and not feb.and a few of the ones with the wrong date got out. Very sorry about that. The local newspaper wrote a good interview about what we are doing for the american legion and how a part of the proceeds will go to them every month. Lets have a good turn out to help support the veterans.

21. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

Have you advertised in the Vintage Mustang Forum?

Just re-read the rules and see that the "M" cars are not allowed. BUT, if this swap meet can be attended by more people it will help support the entire HAMBer community that is appreciated here.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Man i hope the weather is good

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Still planning on coming. I am at work right now. It was snowing here real hard this morning but has since quit. And weather for today says high 40s low 50s and sunny after noon

24. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Me and my son went and we had a good time. It was a little cold so the turnout was slim but I believe it will turn into a good swap meet. I sold a little. I didn't buy anything but my son bought a couple of chevy emblems and a guy gave him and old Willys add and Paint Chart.

I will go back probably next month.
    Come down with a load of parts or a pocket full of money to spend:)