Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration An Emotional Connection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 28, 2014.

1. squash

squash

Man, this is what I love about old cars. We all share a common ground of some form in this hobby/lifestyle, and for many many generations this thing has run rampant across our fine country and influenced many people in various ways. Jive, its a beautiful thing what you are doing for this lady, a thing she will never forget. Just like Saxman said there is a parking spot reserved for you in heaven. I have lurked for years on this forum and have just started to get my feet wet posting and such here. There are many on here who have influenced me in profound ways that its time for me to "dig in" and get involved here a little more. Keep up the great work fellas.

2. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

I applaud your willingness to help her. Loosing a spouse is something very hard to understand until you have been there. This connection for her will mean more than anything else you could ever do for her. I can assure you that you will be blessed by this relationship more than you may realize or have thought about. I have been very fortunate to be able to help out in situations like this, and also to be able to take over caretaker responsibilities for a couple very fine car guys. I currently have my best friend Don Olson's 29 REO Mate Pheaton that he sent my way before he passed from Cancer. Last year I had the privilege of meeting Duece Roadster (Randy Nash) and purchased his duece 3 window. Both of these cars have special meaning attached. I hope to be able to help Ouidasue, Randy's wife, get their roadster back on the road when that time comes. These old cars are great fun, but when you read the posts out here that mean the most they are the ones that have connected people. Lastly, your kids are watching what you are doing here and you will have an impact on how they live the rest of their lives and how they help others as well.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I love that body style. Good luck with it.

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

That's pretty awesome, Jay... Good on you for helping a neighbor out!

Malcolm

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

This is why 'we' do this.
    back in 2011 I had to go & get my 'love affair' from my late Grand Pa's airing up tires that been aired up in close to 40yrs, It became so surreal that this car has not been out of the shop in 25yrs & not on the road since my Grandmother passed away in 1957, The time it took loading it on the trailer for the trip to my home- I kept thinking how many minutes/hours I spent wishing this car to be mine as I was growing up & it had been mine for 5yr or so..........But now it was really mine! The whole trip home I kept pessing the brakes to watch it the brake light glow (6 1/2 hr drive home in the dark) 'it' felt so right,
    My family is pretty good about bitching about my projects & how long they take & I have to yet hear a damn word about the Hudson (3yrs of rounding up parts) for they know why I do what I do- the same reason why I have bled on friends cars & missed a many meal helping somebody out.
    Some folks you can just feel the love they have for a vehicle, you did good!

7. autobilly

autobilly

Heart warming or heart breaking, I'm not sure which. Either way, good work.

8. MBog

MBog

Awwe mann...that's beautiful, good on ya...

9. crashbox

crashbox

I got a great big lump in my throat reading about that ladies car. I think Jack really is looking out for her. Somehow, some kind of way, Jack tapped you on the shoulder.
    I don't know, your story hit home with me. You are a very nice man.
    The world needs more guys like you.
    Tom

10. tuckpoint

tuckpoint
    from omaha,nebr

It's not so much the old iron that drives but the memories that are triggered by the iron

11. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

You sir are truly a good person !

12. All the gearheads of the world, should be very proud of what you are doing, it's what makes our hobby great. You not only are bonding with your neighbor, you are getting an opportunity to show your children and all of us what the rewards of this hobby can be.:)

13. Lancer

Lancer

Love it man.

14. Joe Didio

Joe Didio

You are a very kind and lucky dude.

15. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

Ditto!

16. truckjim

truckjim

That's a date you really want to keep. :)

17. great story!may the car gods bless you

18. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Awesome story, man. You're payin it forward.

19. yaidunno

yaidunno
    from Wisconsin

What a great story, and fantastic opportunity you've got. Glad to see you making the most of it. I'm sure it'll make her more then happy.

20. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

WOW! What a heartwarming story. The world is a better place because of people like you.

21. Rusty

Rusty

22. racer756

racer756

23. Nice Jay! We have not had the chance to meet up since the first HAMB Drags but I still consider you a pal and this cements your cred!

24. Good stuff Jay, great story, and it's only just beginning! Thanks for sharing.:)

25. No amount of money can buy the feeling you have from doing this. Good for you!

26. There will be some extra stars in your crown, my friend.

27. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Good on u Jive Bomber, sounds like your a good guy, the story brings tears to anyone who has a heart, that includes myself . The amazing things what old cars of any kind will do for most people , including the little old lady across the street ! You have new friend for life , and she as well, great story .

28. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Nice story,this is the kind of things that should make headline news.

29. Well done indeed. You just gave her a reason for living 30 more years!
    Good deeds.
    Very nice.
    Thanks for sharing.

30. catdad49

catdad49

That is so cool!! Sitting here with a tear in my eye and trying to think about what your kindness must mean to her. Keep doing Jay, your a good man, Carp