Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Saxxon

Saxxon

Atta-boy Joel - great group to represent the North. Can't wait to see you doing the 4 speed dance...should be fun to watch. Really looking forward to seeing the Ivan the Terrible beast make some passes.

This is going to be a wild high winding show on both sides. I may have to build me one of these 4 speed machines for next year and get in on the fun

Anyone got a spare Jerico I can borrow ??

2. THANK YOU for the offer Jim!

There are already several cars we know of that need to be towed back and we might need to take you up on your offer.

See you in July!

3. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

That's fine... however, be careful because some of the "Bad" and "Rotten" fruit might already have alcohol in it ;) You know what happens with too much alcohol right? Too rich... Next thing you remember it's the next day and you are wondering what happened???:confused:

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Got my DVD today man that was fast. I will be enjoying it this weekend.
    looking foward to the next one:)

5. Ya, I talked to our lady in red. She said she can hold her alcohol just fine, it may give her a little GASS, but as long as she "puts the kids to bed" by 9.30-9.45 (cause 9.80-10.00 is just to late for the young'ns) she'll wake up in the mornig a winner.

6. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Talked to my ol' girl too and she's fat and outta shape. Last time she stepped on the scale she was 3300+ all staged up. She's old and doesn't diet well anymore. Maybe have to bring some portable scales along and just see how light some of these ladies really are. Last time I checked 100 lbs is worth a tenth. Who wants to play that game? Weigh everyone and the cars that weigh the same run heads up? :D

7. Saxxon

Saxxon

Ummm.... The trash talking has taken a wierd turn somewhere...

I'm having problems picturing alcohol fuel "fruit" making passes at the track that includes a car... more a drunk Rupaul dragrace sort of image, rather than violent launching gear bashing gassers ...anyone else having this problem ??

8. Saxxon

Saxxon

This isn't helping !!

9. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

LOL... once you get south of the Canadian border the actual "girls" here shave their legs year round. That may help you distinguish the mechanical girl vs the girl girl/rupaul etc.. ;):D

Pray for warmer weather.

10. Give the ole girl some vitamin HP, and make that fat lady sing. Yesterdays Child was also a 3300 lb. Fat Kid, but we got her on a strict diet to lose 100-200 lbs so she can strut her stuff this summer!

11. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

"weird" trash talk aside, im down for the pound for pound run down!!! Although i dont think "Engine Joe" is a chick. (trying to picture a cross dressing native, oh god, make it stop!!!) lol
    Ps. 3585 on the scales last year, with me in it.

12. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

13. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

O YEHHH
    3450 with me in it
    QUAIN, YOUR TURN..........................

14. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

I would gladly give my left forearm to put a stick back in that car. The old man was not happy when I didn't. However, it just isn't in the cards this year. :(

I won't do it without having the right stuff. Bustin' weak parts doesn't make any sense. I have been cruisin' the net looking for stuff but it is all outta my price range.

I'll just make bye runs if y'all are afraid of my junk. After all, the car came stock with a V8/powerglide and that is all it still has in it.. :D:eek:

She's just a big ol' fat bottomed girl with a slushbox (hows that for a visual?). Sittin' on the sidelines without a dance partner. Maybe I can talk the Canadians into askin' her to dance? :D Or maybe make side by side runs with Bilina. Might have to take the wheelie bars off though with him.. ;)

15. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  16. Saxxon

Saxxon

-48c with wind chill last night. That's -54f kids.
    -29c right now at mid day with the wind chill taking it to -43c.
    It's so cold right even I am not shaving my legs to stay warm (oops...too much information).

This stuff is getting so good that I had a long look at the Scout more than once to see if I can make the changes to get in on the act. Alas... I decided this won't happen this year or with the Ugly Little Beast / Farm Truck. Apparently blowers and 4 speeds don't mix well. For that matter, Quain's group and blowers don't mix and I support / respect that.

I have intnetions to start looking at a new project to start after Meltdown 2014 and after we get the Prefect running well. (Even measured our center steer Prefect for a 4 speed...)

I will have to take a LOONNNG hard look being Southern Gasser compliant even if means I get to run once a year where it matters.

Anyone got a cool project they want to unload ... cheap ?? (Very cheap..."Free" works well)

17. Holy Crap Johnny! 3450 pounds?! Either that Nova was built by Canard Cruise Ships, (do you smash a bottle of champagne on the fender before each launch) and/or you need to lay off the lard sandwiches and give Jenny Craig a call!

18. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Yehhh, I know BUT I got a full interior with some big ol impala bucket seats that fit my tush very well......and their stayin.
    YO QUAIN........your turn.........HELLO, HELLO !!

19. Saxxon, haven't any of you crazy canucks ever heard of "U-haul", they help people move..,you know, to warmer places, where you work on your Hot Rod at night..,with a T-shirt on..,in January. Looking at low to mid +70's here today, & 80's tomorrow (with the wind chill of course).

20. Well brother, at least you'll have a comfy seat to watch the Southern Gassers as they accelerate away from you.

21. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

And to think.....I thought we were becoming buddys....shezzzz
    I COULD cut it, fiberglass it, gutt it and go on a diet......BUT
    then i'd be like everyone else...................
    PASS ME A DOUBLE CHEESBURGER PLEASE.....and a vinilla shake to go

22. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

23. Paul;
    Either way ,it was fun....

Rick

24. Scott;
    Yep,that car won Indy in 66 AND 67 as a BB/A...Ron Zimmer bought it and ran it for a yr or so,then it became a street rod, for many years...
    We drove it on the street for awhile,but with no front brakes,it was an accident looking to happen.

Once restored,it will just become a tow around car..LOL

Rick

25. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Brrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! Just think how cold it would be if this global warming thing wasn't going on????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

26. jesse1980

jesse1980

I always love reading this thread every year up to the meltdown. I hope I can make it this year.

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

I remember it at the Canats,when it was red with the rack on it....I think that's when my Dad and I met you actually...
    Man I love that car!
    Looking forward to seeing you again,and looking forward to bringing out something a little more ridiculous for next year...(just sending out the money for my block and crank today.....Hint:mentioning the name of the motor will cost me some money on here....!)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Scott;

That Fiat was at the FIRST ever Canat's held in London in the early 70's..won a bunch of awards back then..

Been a fun ride,both on & off the track..

Rick

29. We are buddies Johnny,but I don't want to tow all the way out there without my A game and be a wall flower. Truthfully, if my car runs a 9 anything, I'd be extatic & anything faster would icing on the cake. We'll see.

30. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Johnnie you stay comfortable I built my car to go fast for cheap. $4200 engine. Like Ric said how did the back of my car look from that comfy seat.