Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest tommy ..orig. HAMBer #35

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Jul 10, 2013.

1. So glad to see an update. Still praying for you, Tommy.

2. noboD

noboD

If anyone ever THINKS they are having a stroke get to a hospital. There is a drug called TPA, has to be administered within 3 hours to be effective. My stroke involved being extremely dizzy to the point of throwing up every time I opened my eyes. The whole world was spinning around. Scared the shit out of me enough I did go and a smart young Dr. in the ER knew what he was seeing. I couldn't walk or even stand up. I was given TPA and within three days all effects of the stroke were gone. Dr.s determined it was caused by a blood clot from a bruise. Only after effect I have is I still say stupid shit sometimes, but that happened before. No problem with Larry, he's my favorite Amish guy.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was just thInking about tommy a couple nights ago, right before my computer packed it in (i,m in a Chinese restaurant, typing on my wife's ipad right now) and wondering how he was, good to see this back up to the top.

4. .........Great advice. Glad it worked out. Should be a wake-up call for all of us....Thanks.

5. The initials that people should be aware of are TIA (trans ischemic attack) which "IS" a Stroke and TPA (tissue plasminogen activator) is a "Life Saver" !

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

6. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All our best. Thoughts and Prayers.

7. Don, thanks for the update. I need to get off my @ss and pay him a visit...

8. ...........Same here, Keith.

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Glory haleluia!!! I can now post on the HAMB again. It's only been 6 months!! Withdraw is a bitch!!! now I can get my fix again.

I need to thank many of you for the books, cards and visits etc. I am humbled by your generosity and thoughts. I hope to go home in Feb. as soon as I don't need 2 injections daily for blood clots (I'm a sissy and I am not sure I can do that myself):D My grandmother took insulin shots but she was a much braver woman than I am a man. such a wuss! we'll see.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. I'm doing quite well really. I feel fortunate that I was still around to read all the compliments.THANKS!!

10. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Tommy, I had to take the belly shots for blood clots. I did it at home, very easy to do, its a very short needle.

11. jesse1980

jesse1980

Glad your doing well.

12. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Hiya tommy! Welcome home :)

13. Tommy, seeing you post is about the best thing ever!!!

14. Glad to hear you are doing better again! Welcome back!

About those shot, I thought the same way...
    But about two years ago, I had to start taking 4 insulin shots a day.
    I don't even think about it anymore now.

You can do it!

15. Welcome back Tommy !!.....I was once a wuss, now I give my self shots all the time. I'll do what ever it takes for some garage time......:)

16. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tommy: Very glad to see your up and runnin'. Your knowlege has been missed.God bless you.

17. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Hope your feeling better! Personally thanking you for all your help over the years my friend!
    Jay

18. Just seeing your post, Tommy, has made my day. Continued good luck with your recovery.

19. I'm a very, very happy man to know you're doing better and see you post again Tommy.

20. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Glad to see ya' back and posting again. Continued good health to you.

21. Tommy,It's great having you back,we all missed you!

I'm also a wuss when it comes to needles but your still here and that's whats important.

BTW, you got a lotta catching up to do. :D HRP

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Good to have you back Tommy! You were missed.

23. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Welcome back Tommy.

24. carkiller

carkiller

Tommy 13 years ago when they redune my hydraulics (4 way by pass) You told me all would be well, Passing along those words back to you. Cal

25. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome back Tommy! There is a certain comfort in scrolling down throught the posts and seeing your avatar! It's like things are back in their proper order and right with the world. Praise God for your stubborness and the skill of the medical folks you have been working with.;)

Thor

26. Prayers for ya Tommy.............

27. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

28. Great job Tommy hope to see you doing burn outs soon...

29. Welcome back! Your wisdom and insight has been sorely missed. Wishing you a continued speedy recovery.

30. noboD

noboD

Good to see you post Tommy!!