Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from East TN.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by hotsam, Jan 17, 2014.

1. hotsam

hotsam
    from East TN

Howdy!! Used this forum for teaching and learning alot. No reason I haven't joined before but glad to be here now. I have a garage full of old GM sheet metal, but the two rides that may fit here are my 55 Chevy and my 31 model A closed cab pickup. The 55 I guess would be a traditionally styled gasser and hopefully the 31 (in time) will be a true traditional hotrod. Well....... here they are
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cptn60

cptn60
    from Joke City

Welcome to the HAMB. Love the 55! A looks like a nice project too. Where in East TN are you from? I was born in Clinton, raised in Knoxville/Oak Ridge.

3. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Hope we always have room for beautiful 55 gassers

4. 392modela

392modela

Hello from Wisconsin

posted with a box of crayons on the outhouse wall

5. 01Dudley

01Dudley

Welcome to the HAMB. Yeah where in Tennessee are you? Rodstalgia Speed / I am in Oliver Springs, Tn. Just outside of Oak Ridge. If you need any parts or help w/anything just hollar at us. Also LIKE us on Facebook to stay up to date on our cruises, events and specials!!

6. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Welcome from Ky.

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from Maine. Love your 55. Hopefully someday there will be one of those in our garage.

8. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Welcome from Middle Tennessee and Central Kentucky. Love the '55 and A-bone will be cool too!

9. hotsam

hotsam
    from East TN

Hey guys thanks for the replys. Im in Elizabethton in the tri cities. Maybe hour and a half or so from Knoxville. I've had the 55 for about 12 years. It was 3 different colors when I bought it and was a 283 4 spd. Also it sat on stock suspension. I am now running a 454 4 spd and am finishing up the front straight axle project. should be done in the next week or so. Next will come fenderwell headers, and I will be narrowing a 9" with Ladder bars and spring floaters maybe next winter cause I dont want it apart through spring/summer. I seem to get off task on other projects if I get one too far apart at one time!! The A is a recent purchase. It is already apart and stored in about 3 different out buildings, wherever there was space. I will start on some of the sheetmetal work this spring, and probably build the chassis, but its gonna be a long term Father-Son project. I do want it to be 100% authentic nostalgic hotrod if possible. I have a Drag car and some other GM rides, but they don't meet the criteria... 66' Chevelle, 63' Duece Pro Street, 67 GTO.

10. welcome aboard ....

11. Hello and Welcome to the H.A.M.B. ENJOY YOUR RIDE!!!

12. Welcome from the coast of SC. love that 55

13. bigslim55

bigslim55

Welcome from S/E Wisconsin!

14. Redlighting

Redlighting
    from Tn

Awesome! Welcome from middle tn. :)

15. hallrods

hallrods

Wow that 55 is cool welcome from Wisconsin

16. The Doddfather

The Doddfather
    from Va

welcome, killer 55

17. Welcome from CT!

18. elgringo71

elgringo71

Welcome from South Carolina.

19. Welcome from just down the road in Limestone. Might run into ya at the Elizabethton cruise ins.

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

welcome from cleveland tn. loving the 55