Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I am doing my part to melt the midwest snow!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corndog, Jan 25, 2014.

1. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Backed my 40 out in the yard to try to melt some of the snow! Didnt work!! Real tired of this crappy weather....

Attached Files:

2. Ebert

Ebert

Corndog,

totally appreciate your efforts...but I am in the same fricking, snow-filled, icy, effing cold BOAT!!!!

3. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

I hear you, I have to drive from Westville Illinois to Indy and back for work every day. I hate it. Can't wait to move back to Vegas.

4. fleabag

fleabag

Thought about backing the 51 out in the snow to see what it would look like slammed to the ground

5. Tjames

Tjames

Same thing here in northern Kentucky

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. You know you're in the wrong part of the country when "polar vortex" becomes common nomenclature with the locals!!!

7. havi

havi

Albeit, the Northern half! ;)

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

where is Al Gore when you need him?

9. Yeah!! I want a carbon credit refund!!!

10. Fedman

Fedman

Nice Picture of your Car!

Sorry about the weather though.

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

not a good day for tuning a race car

Attached Files:

12. still january here!

Attached Files:

13. Man that just looks cold!!!! Oh, it is cold but then its January. Set in my work room in the basement today restoring my steering wheel.

14. warmed up today...high twenties....felt like a heat wave after the near zero temps.

15. No global warming here in PA. The dog does not even want to go outside, and I don't blame him! SUCKS!!

16. mickeyc

mickeyc

Hello my cold Northern friends! Having worked a few winters in Minnesota
    at Redwing and Monticello Nuclear plants I can indeed relate. Last night the temps here in Louisiana, New Orleans area, "dipped into the low 30's
    and high 20's for a few hours! The place went nuts! Since it was a bit rainy and some ice patches showed up on a few roads, officials closed the interstates, most bridges, (we have lots of bridges) many overpasses and other various roads. All the while the news media flashed grave warnings concerning hypothermia, hazardous driving etc. while standing in front of some six inch ice sickles, voices dripping with heavy drama. To day dawned sunny and warmer in the 40's and low 50's

17. skinnydude

skinnydude

I'am from Pa. also this last week single digets all week it suc-s. please bring on the heat.

18. That is the best thing I have seen on your land in a long time!:cool: The Chevy not the snow:eek:

19. We are in the middle of a blizzard right now. I had to go out to work and driving home I had to watch for the edge of the road directly out my drivers window. Not exactly great traveling weather. Today's temperature was nice, but on Thursday morning it was -24F here. It's difficult to get adjusted to temperature when it swings 20 degrees in a day.

20. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Maybe not a good day to tune it!
    But it's Bad Ass everyday so just looking at would make me happy!

21. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's a beautiful sunny morning here in Maine but the wind is howling and the snow is blowing everywhere. I can't wait for spring and to hear our Willys fire up for the first time of the year. That always makes me feel better.

22. kbgreen

kbgreen
    1. Georgia Hambers

This is the time of year to work on small stuff (like steering wheels) in a heated workshop. It is also the time of year to think about employment opportunities further south!

23. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

I'm with you too, Corndog. It's snowing again right now. I'm tired of this crap!

24. I live in the South and HATE winter and our weather is much milder than you guys above us and to the east.

We have had several days this year that we have seen lows of 8 and 9 degrees,but at least we don't have to deal with all the snow.:rolleyes: HRP

25. Me to this stinks

Attached Files:

26. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

wish the snow and cold would just stop.... Ohio sucks......

27. I hear Daytona is nice this time of year, no snow here by the beach but just cold for here, might see some of the snow this week.

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wish I had a workroom in the cellar. it's colder in my one car garage than it is outside in the open here.

Damned all too accurate digital thermometer says it is 26.9 outside right now. No snow though.

29. D-man313

D-man313

It's cold in Chicagoland. Maybe a high 15 today, more snow last night, with more possible. 15 I can deal with but with the wind blowing making it feel much colder sucks! And it's only getting colder. A high of -3 tomorrow without windchill. Same thing for Tuesday.

Is it time for spring yet? My truck hasn't left the garage since probably November.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. ...sposed to be 45-50 below zero wind chill here by Monday or Tuesday!!!
    ...heard the weather's sposed to start warmin up in Feb...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014