Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newb 51 Merc owner lookin for parts and other owners

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by LouMerc51, Jan 1, 2014.

1. LouMerc51

LouMerc51
    from Louisville

I'm newly registered to the forum but have used it for information countless times. I've had multiple hot rods but recently bought my dream car. 1951 Mercury 2 door. It's in pretty decent shape but I'm chopping it up very soon. It's had the same owner til 2007. If there are any other Merc owners in the Louisville area I'd love to meet up. I'm looking for a few parts. 11 tooth Desoto grill, misc. 351w parts, some nice Caddy hub caps, Cokers. Any way thanks to all in advance for the advice and help.

2. 392modela

392modela

Hello from Wisconsin

posted with a box of crayons on the outhouse wall

3. wicarnut

wicarnut

Welcome from northern Wi. There are Mercury groups to join and a lot of tech threads for 49-51 here. I have a 51 coupe also, recently acquired, making several small changes to make it mine. Good luck with your project and enjoy this forum. John

4. LouMerc51

LouMerc51
    from Louisville

Thanks bud, I'm def gonna be checking out every thread I can on this.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Welcome! I have had some good luck on eBay lately with some parts, but the really hard to find stuff, well it is still hard to find. Hope the build goes smoothly!

6. bigslim55

bigslim55

Welcome from S/E Wisconsin!

7. bigbstang1969

bigbstang1969

Welcome from MA. I have a chopped 50 dr coupe a chopped 51 2dr coupe and a chopped 51 4dr. Have fun with this site. So much information, parts and great people.

8. threewindow

threewindow

Welcome
    I have a chopped 51 merc coupe. Most fun you can have is crusing in 49 to 51 merc.

9. LouMerc51

LouMerc51
    from Louisville

Thanks fellas, I've been reading SO much material on these things. I literally knew nothing about them a few weeks ago other than how bad ass they were. I've never been around any owners to pick up info. The HAMB fixed that for me. Learning things every day. Most importantly on how hard parts are to find at a reasonable price. I guess you gotta be patient. I've also completely changed how I envision the fished product.

10. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven

Welcome, I'm from Louisville but live in Florida now and own a 51 mercury.