Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Kkoa Wisconsin 2014 - cancelled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by da dodge brother, Oct 12, 2013.

1. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Word has officially come down from KKOA headquarters that the Wisconsin event for 2014 is CANCELLED, citing low entry numbers as the reason. KKOA would like to say a big thank you to all who supported the event for the past two years and to those who didn't have the opportunity to join us, you missed a super event. I would like your input into the decision. I personally think the decision sucks and I have my own personal ideas about the situation. But that's for another time and another place. Stay in tune with our website www.kkoanorthevent.yolasite.com for any info. Hope to run into you all somewhere down the road.... T-ski :(:mad::(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Usually it's pretty simple math. You have to have enough participants and possibly paying spectators to pay all of the expenses and come out ahead. Some of the things that make the KKOA events pretty cool may also be things that drive up their costs even if they are in venues that aren't that expensive to rent.

3. Sorry to hear that as I got to see some very nice customs this year.

4. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

no surprise to me.

obviously the financial considerations determined the event had to be cancelled. Certainly the low participation could not cover the cost of promoting the event.

But a promoter is supposed to PROMOTE. And that is something that KKOA is not good at. They are living in the past.

KKOA deserved to fail. Too bad, so sad.

I hope Tski can continue to put on a show in WI and that he is able to generate the enthusiasm to match his own.

Tski is good people

6. 55driver

55driver

Wasn't that show the week following Symco, and about 30 miles east?

That's why I didn't go, too many of the same cars too soon.

7. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Thanks for the good words Bob Wop. We're thinking about a program. Will keep posting here if something works out. In answer to 55 driver -- In 2012 it was the weekend after Symco because, believe it or not, Cliffy actually suggested we do that and he mentioned that he would provide extra camping and such for persons that wanted to stay over for both events. Well that was not the right call so we moved the show to late May for 2013. Car count went up by 4. One thing worth mentioning though - it was a completely different participant showing then what was at Symco. This event was really a traditional kustom and hot rod event. Just check out the website. It's still up -- www.kkoanorthevent.yolasite.com

8. #1lomofo

#1lomofo

9. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Stay tuned to our website ( www.kkoanorthevent.yolasite.com ) for news on this. We just had a meeting with some perspective sponsors and if things work out we'll most probably take another swing at this.

Attached Files:

10. lil runaway

lil runaway
    from Wisconsin

It would help a little if they advertise locally. Not a word mentioned anywhere or to the previous participants about the date change. About six people in my area would have went but wasnt aware of the change. Very poor advertising and lack of date change notification was a contributing factor. No venders last year didnt help matters either.
    The show date in May is perfect, all they need is some advertising. I was willing to pass out fliers for the show, but never recieved any. Willing to do the same this year but the decision to cancel put a end to that and my membership.

11. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Lack of advertising was a major problem last year. It did hurt the event. We will rectify that if this event continues. If the show does continue it will NOT be under the KKOA banner. We will be working this through our small organization only. Stay tuned ... www.kkoanorthevent.yolaite.com We will get a new website up for this event ...

12. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

As far as advertising go, night prowlers is always saying on their Facebook if you provide them with flyers they will send them out with orders. It's free and even if only a handful made it into the hands of people local to the show it would help. It may also be worth looking into getting a news station in Wisconsin to running some info for your family friendly outdoor event.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Yes, we promote Car Show events at no charge. We post the flyers on our FB page, website links and if you send us hardcopies we will put them in with outgoing orders.

Ron or Jill - Kustom Car Parts - Toll Free 855-776-9537

email: [email protected]

www.kustomcarparts.com