Register now to get rid of these ads!

6 cyl. motor mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jan bogert, Jan 14, 2013.

1. jan bogert

jan bogert

my 72 year old nieghbor wants to put a '69 chevy 250 six cyl. in his '40 chevy sedan. i will be helping. besides making our own, is there anywhere that he can purchase a set for this match-up? i was thinking of going the front of engine route if possible. any help would be great.:)

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

chassis engineering in iowa might help.

3. jan bogert

jan bogert

there site is no longer.

4. Casual 6

Casual 6
    from Great NW

Buffalo can fix him up.

Also check out http://www.inliners.org

BUFFALO
    ENTERPRISES

25625 Dahl Road, Arlington, WA, 98223
    (360) 652-7684

Transmission Adapters:

235/261 to Powerglide, Turbo 350 & 400, Scattershield

GMC 228/302 to Powerglide, Turbo 350 & 400, Scattershield

NO Spacer Plates - 1 piece Blanchard Ground Steel

Custom Flexplates - Chevy Six and GMC Six

Our Disc Brake Kits DO NOT Move The Wheels Outward

NEW:

Reversed Eye Spring Kits - Bolt in. Teflon Button Inserts.

ONLY GOOD WORK! - NO BUFFALO CHIPS!
    NO DONKEY DUST!

5. Chassis engineering is still in businees. There website is down for a long needed makeover. JPL is a dealer for C.E and good folks to deal with. They will take care of you. http://www.jplstreetrods.com/
    Todd

6. EarlyBroncoMan

EarlyBroncoMan
    from Pittsburgh

Ya, I get all of my parts through JPL as well. They are local to me, and I've been down to their shop a few times since discovering them. I have some buddies on the west coast that I told about JPL because they ship for free over $100.00. I get all of my Chassis Engineering parts through them as well as other stuff. It's nice to have guys to call or go see that actually know what they are talking about! But I agree with Todd, Chassis Engineering is quality parts, and if you buy through JPL they'll save you some much needed cash. They just set up a new website, but I always like to call them 724-375-3940. Good luck!

7. Aren't 250 6cyl motor mounts the same as a SBC?

8. George/Maine

George/Maine

If you are keeping the orginal trans and rearend best go with 1940 to 1962 235 bolts up and uses front mount,reuse yours.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sometimes the actual rubber mount is but you have to bolt on a piece between the block and the mount that sets the mount at the right angle.

This is the left hand side of my 292 where you can see how it is set up.
    [​IMG]

Jan, I don't have the photo available that shows it but a lot of the truck guys have used a mount that is basically a piece of square tubing welded to a plate that bolts to the three bolts on the side of the block and then runs out level to a point where it sits on Ford Biscuit style pads on a corresponding piece on the frame. Or a variation of that.

This is a crude done in one minute drawing but it might give you some ideas.
    [​IMG]