Register now to get rid of these ads!

16x6 wheel vintiques

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coopsdaddy, Oct 11, 2009.

1. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

anybody use 16x6 genie with a 7.50 firestone,are they to wide?want to use on a 1940 rearend under 30 coupe,with a little more back spacing to get tire closer to the body,cant find 16x5,but i have a few 16x4.5

2. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

I think the 7.50 Firestone would be more suited to the 4 1/2 x 16 rims.They may look a little stretched on a 6 inch wide rim.
    I'm using 4 1/2 x 16 rims with 7.00 'stones and they look great though I've heard from numerous sources that the 7.50 looks just as good.

3. I bought a pair of Wheel Vintiques "Genie" 16" x 6" with the 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern from Summit Racing. Part # WVI-14-6655334. They were $125.95 each plus $11.95 shipping and delivery. Summit has them in stock and I got them 3 days after ordering.

Coker also sells this wheel but it is listed as a special order. The price is the same as Summit and they may apply the HAMB Alliance discount. However, it is hard to beat Summit on shipping.

I mounted Coker Classic 750-16R tires and they look "right." Coker recommends a 5"-6" wide rim. I have 750-16 bias plys mounted to 4.5" wide wheels on my Model T. I thought they looked good. But now I am thinking they look pinched in at the rim.

Advertised back spacing is 3.75" but I measured 4". It looks to me like you could find another .5" in backspace if you needed it. The rib that the center mounts to is quite narrow.

I have the wheels and tires mounted to a 40 Ford rear end. Distance between, measured at the fattest part of the tires is 50.5".

This is all going under my 31 Model A "highboy"coupe. I measured 44" as the width between the wheel wells including the embossed "chicken feet." That gives me about 3.75" of clearance and I am fine with that.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

4. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Thanks,that helps

5. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I know this is an old thread, But since "Coker" bought "Wheel Vintiques" We can no longer get these wheels. The only thing they offer is a wheel with 10 holes in it. I guess I will have to order a pair for the loops, Cut the centers out and put Ford centers in them. As I can't live with the fucking ugly centers they offer now!

6. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

That't not going to work. Original Ford center are larger than the new "loops"

7. A Boner

A Boner

Hey Wheelkid, are you going to offer any 16" wheels with a 4 1/2" bolt circle with the genie center with the inner nubs, in the near future?

8. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

No, the closest thing I've got is 16" smoothies, inner nubs but a different size and no vents holes. If you're trying to avoid wv your best bet would be to try to find some 1930s international wheels

9. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Well Damn it all to hell then!....I guess I am going to have to wide'n the stock wheels then.......Story of my life, Always the hardway....LOL

10. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

These are 16x6 gennie with 7.50 firestones. Not much stretching. I feel it fits the tire fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

weemark likes this.
  11. A Boner

A Boner

Wheelkid, what is the o.d. of the gennie style wheel center that would be needed to mate with the 16" hoops? I'm guessing it's that center that's not available, to be able to make the 16" wheel.

12. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

New hoops are 13.5" ID and the old ford ones are about 13.75"
    Jimmy

13. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Those wheels will look great as long as you keep your hub caps on them. But I prefer to run mine without the hub caps (full race ready) That extra set of holes in your center kill the look of the wheel (without a hubcap Anyhow) Wheel Vintique used to make them correct looking, Now this is all they sell.....

14. 4444Design

4444Design

cool ride!

tyre/rim combo looks awesome

15. A Boner

A Boner

Why doesn't "Coker" fix this problem?

16. clem

clem

5" to 6" rim is recommended. If you go too narrow they bulge and can come off the rim if you hit a pothole, according to our local tyre guys. Maybe others will comment on this.