Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Has any body ever heard of a intake you put on a351 w that is a flat al. Plate and 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pro-street uni-body, Jan 23, 2014.

1. pro-street uni-body

pro-street uni-body
    from las vegas

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. 32fordroadster

32fordroadster
    from Wisconsin

I think you are refering to a PME intake adapter setup for using a 302 intake on a 351W block. I had one at one time so that I could put a dual quad 302 manifold on my stroked 351W. At the time I could not find anyone that made dual quad intakes for the windsor 351.

3. pro-street uni-body

pro-street uni-body
    from las vegas

That's cool does it help with h.p. or is it just a spacer

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. They're just spacers that allow 302 intakes to fit the 351W... no HP gain. You also have to modify the distributor for some 302 intakes.

Intake choices for the 351W are limited; Ford never used this motor as a 'performance' option until near the end of production when it was EFI, so the aftermarket never 'stepped up' with anything more than 4V intakes and a few EFI lowers.

Price Motorsport does now offer a dual-4 low-rise intake (mostly for the kit cobra market), but for anything else adapting a 302 intake is it unless you want to spend big $$ for a fabricated intake...