Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Ya, that YouTube thing can be a spoiler, but I'd much rather put a DVD in and watch it on the big screen

2. Saxxon

Saxxon

My Brother has an awesome set of tools ... err video camera... and we are coming down with at least one other guy who has nothing better to do than to hold a camera. We'll tape it to his head if we have to. (Did that in 2012) The point is, I'll make sure a couple of folks from my pit area will have some decent equipment and will be taping the Gasser action as well as the rest of the event. We'll be sure to make a copy and send it to (Koops ?) as quickly as possible after we get home or even download it while we are there.

If we get a couple of other "volunteers" stationed at the right areas, (Starting line, 1/2 track, shutdown etc) at the right times, I'm pretty sure we could capture some great footage. Wouldn't take much coordination at all. Chances are there are dozens of cameras going anyway... Just a need to get the message out as to where to send the video / pics.

Or... how about this. Each participant in the Gasser War or each side of the battle (North and South) commit to at least one videographer. Do there own pit interviews, between round thrashes, driver bios, car review, trips into the enemy territory, funny skit... whatever. I'm sure there is a willing teenager or pit bunny (male or female) in everyone's pits who would be happy to do this.

The event has demonstrated a willingness to share and help, I see no reason why it wouldn't happen here.

Just need some poor sap to go through it all and compile the DVD. (Not me please... I couldn't edit a video if it showed me shoplifting)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  3. That ole girl has a Hemi box in her, thats pretty cool! Is that a Hurst Ram Rod your rowing in the video? If so, how do ya like it? By the way, those two '55's you guys have are BITCHEN!

4. Santa brought me a new GoPro, I'm happy to submit my footage to Scout Saxxon for editing, seeing as he so graciously volunteered.., he he he.

5. Hey Inland, PM an address, & cost, I'll buy a couple of those '12 DVD's

6. Hey guys, this just hit me like a ton of bricks. Gene Crommer & "The Moon Lighter" need to be at this Gasser Gathering. If he is willing to come, whether to race (I hope, I hope)or just to bring his old Warrior for us to see, The Panneton Boys pledge a minimum of $250 to help him get there. What say you my Gasser Brothers?

7. PS. I don't care if The Moon Lighter has an automatic, the man & the machine are an inspiration, and I hope I can just get out of bed and get vertical when I'm Gene's age, much less be able to shoe a 9 second high stepping Willys!

8. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

You guys have to remeber that the Meltdown is a Vintage Drag meet not a Gasser meet. When you went to Indy in 66 there were nore than just gassers running ...this is the same as the meltdown. There are dragsters, super stockers, FX'ers, altereds. I vote having more coverage than just the Gasser groups. I love watching them too as long as they run heads up. This event is for more than just Gassers there are classes for just about any vintage car, and they spent just as much time and money to get there and spend just as much while they are there as the big time guys.

Last year there were some attitudes that need to be brought back to reality from some of the guys who think they should have special treatment. First thing you have to remeber is everyone there has paid to play. There are no favorites...

Meltdown Drags July 18,19,20 2014

9. Well said. Maybe I can talk my brother-n-law into bringing his '67 427/Jerico Fairlane Wagon.

10. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I know there is a group of Vintage drag bikes that will be running, i am looking very forward to seeing that action!

11. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

How about instead of my 100$ bet, i just put that to the Gene Cromer fund? :D

12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Now your talking.

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

where can i get one of these dvds.
    pm me a link

14. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Thanks to our sponsors, we are excited to be coming to the Meltdown and checking out the greatest true vintage race going. We are tentatively bringing 6 of the Ohio Outlaw AA/Gassers to Byron.

15. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

UTTT_OHHH, now were ALL gettin out butts kicked !!!!
    See what you started Quain..............
    Relly liked that viedo, very nice job
    BUT Im still kicken yer ass

16. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

We are just coming out to have a good time, make a few passes and watch you guys battle it out.

17. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

HEY WAIT A MINUTE, you guys are true yankees too !!!!!!!
    JOEL, JOEL, where did that sign up sheet, HURRY..........JOEL

18. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Nope, we are staying out of the Civil War....lol

19. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Is Oddy bringing the Junkyard Dog? Are you bringing the Oddy Austin?

20. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Thats a different group. We dont do 4 links and fc cages. Period correct.

21. Saxxon

Saxxon

I'm in for $100 (American)... just let me know where to send it. or just take up the collection on site... good either way...

22. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Sorry. I just looked up your group. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys run.

23. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Very cool that you guys are coming out Micky, it is a really fun event and you guys coming makes it that much better. Who is coming out from your group?

Jon

24. Absolutely!

25. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Me--Warlock Austin
    Steve Crook--Blew by You 56 Chev
    Brian Spotts---Its Crazy Anglia
    Dave Cobb---Finders Keepers 33 Willys
    Ted Turley in Hank Wetmores Traveler 33 Willys
    Ed Kasciki--Phenomenon 33 Willys

1 may change, but thats it so far...Looking forward to it.

26. For the North, there is a family with a Polish last name I believe that starts with "W", and they got a whole army of Willys with sticks and small blocks. I think there from the north east and run with the Geezer Gassers. Any body know them/want to extend and invite?

27. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Awesome! I have been wanting to check out Steve Crooks car for a while now!!!

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ric,
    That would be the Tymosicks (sp?)
    I have never heard of a bunch of guys with so many Willys as these guys....not just trailer queens either.These guys are hangin the wheels in the air and bangin gears!:)

I'll see if I can track em down and get em to bring out some of those angry little W-cars.

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Ya, that's them! Someone get ahold of em, and start taunting.

30. Hey Dirt, my brother said if you end up leaving that 55 nose on your car, you should name it "Identity Crisis"