Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Roadster Crash INSIDE GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -Brent-, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Brent-

-Brent-

2. Hope the judge pulls through ok from his injuries.
    Interested to hear how you can get a stuck throttle when driving inside, obviously not at full throttle. :(

3. Keep

Keep

Holy shit that sucks. Hope the judge is okay.

Car can be repaired, but man what a place to do it.

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

that does suck,hope the judge makes the show

5. WOW....I have been to hundreds of shows...never saw anything like this (only some parking lot fender benders)

6. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

And the hard luck award goes too..... Hope the judge is ok and anyone else injured. Those doors are stong i see!

7. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

that will buff right out..in all seriousness someone got hurt hope he makes a speedy recovery- car can be fixed

8. [​IMG]

one more pic. Tragic all around, unfortunately some people see comedy in this. Some of the posts on this article are sad as with some here so far.

9. metal man

metal man

Man, that stinks. Ruined a lot of peoples day right there. Sounds like the judge will be alright.

Pretty car...who built it?

10. metal man

metal man

Definitely not funny.

11. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

That sucks. I hope Vic will be ok. And i hope the wrench does a better job next time.

12. Agree don't see anything funny or left to question,hope the official is going to be ok and also feel for the owner of the car alot of work goes into a build like this.

13. I hope the judge is ok !!!!
    No this ain't funny.

Here is an obvious high dollar build
    This appears to be one carburetor.

Attached Files:

14. blackout

blackout

I don't see any skid marks. No brakes? No E-brake? How about shut off the ignition? How about jam it into park? Did this car not have any of these systems working? Hope the judge wasn't punching the throttle.

15. And this appears to be the other carb.
    What the hell kind of screwy ass linkage would that need ?
    Someone must have told somebody "man that's not gonna work "

Attached Files:

16. metal man

metal man

Looks like a carb on each side of the blower down low? What kind of intake would that be? Hand made?

17. Fenders

Fenders

Worse place for something like this to happen -- lots of publicity... and people will think "hot rods are dangerous."

18. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Thats why you gotta test drive your shit. Pisses me off that some innocent guy gets run over because some knucklehead spent more time polishing chrome that actually build a functional car. Could have been a kid standing there.

19. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope the Judge recovers soon from his injuries-cars can be fixed. Very scary indeed.

20. metal man

metal man

The linkage must have a 90 degree bell crank in it somewhere or something. Who knows what happened, but thank goodness he wasn't killed and no one else was hurt. That could have been much worse.

21. Yeah I guess. Some kind of cross ram set up. Very wide and very low.
    I'm sure there's more than enough growth in that aluminum cross ram to throw things way off.

Just try to imagine the linkage required.
    Goes perfectly with some of the nonsense of show cars.

And this is about " making sure your linkage is free from binding issues" so you don't run over people.

22. That's to bad hope the judge gets better

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Being that this is inside and the guy was pulling up to a judging area that I would guess would be in the middle of one of the pavilions you are probably talking about maybe 20 feet to the wall so not a lot of time to react it the throttle goes wide open.

And I hate to see this as much as the next guy but you do have to remember most of these guys are thrashing like mad right up to the last minute to get their cars ready for the show. I imagine the guy who owns this car is devastated that someone was hurt because of this.

Hope everyone involved heals up fast. Not a good start to the weekend.

24. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

What's inside that door frame? Concrete and rebar?

Holy smokes.

25. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Thats creative marketing right there! I forgot it was this weekend until I saw this.

26. metal man

metal man

That would make more sense. So you're thinking the carbs are in the normal position and covered up by the big,crazy air cleaner? I can't tell from those pictures.

27. Same type of thing happened at Portland a few years back. Car backing up throttle jammed, backing into another car then got jammed up into drive and ran forward into another car.

28. Itchy

Itchy

People sure are quick to judge the builder here. You have no idea what even happened people. Why don't you wait to make your assumptions.

29. Noting about a accident is funny and someone being injured is tragic,,lets hope the gentleman recovers and is on the mind quickly.

I feel for both the Judge and car owner. HRP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.