Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Nuclear Powered Vehicle Concepts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FrozenMerc, Jan 21, 2014.

1. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

move the front wheels forward and get rid of the washing machine looking thing in the rear and you get a cool custom :eek:

Attached Files:

2. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

But the "washing machine looking thing" is your way to cool the reactor. It's like a mini cooling tower.

I wonder what it would take to make one of these engines NHRA or NASCAR legal. I'm surprised Smokey didn't try something back in the day.

3. haha pretty hilarious that a sixteen year old kid knows that better than anyone else..

4. adam401

adam401

I'd drive this bad mother till my hair fell out. so rad!

5. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

Hey George Jetson!!

6. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I.C. engines run on explosions of expanding gases. Hot air is just hot air.

Unless you're proposing miniature nuclear explosions, which aren't exactly miniature.

7. nali

nali

Would this explain chemtrails ? :)

8. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Nuclear technology has a number of characteristics that causes it more to tend to resist vernacularization - the process by which people figure out how things work and learn to use the embodied technology on their own terms - than other technologies do.

Hot-rodding is an extreme form of vernacularization and therefore represents fairly deep subversion of the established mainstream motor industry's agenda.

The history of the automobile can be described in terms of the tension between people's attempts to vernacularize automotive technology and the motor industry's attempts to resist the process of vernacularization. The motor industry keeps trying to Enclose automotive technology while hot-rodders keep trying to blow it wide open. It's an ongoing tug-of-war which started when the Model T firewall went from wood to pressed steel.

Technology that is intrinsically off limits to you and me is the established mainstream motor industry's holy grail. That's why Ford were actively trying to cultivate an expectation of imminent nuclear propulsion in automobiles during that time, when it seemed rather more palpable than it does now.