Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Driving Deuces

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by realsteel1934, Jan 22, 2014.

1. realsteel1934

realsteel1934
    from usa

All you guys that remember what happen back in late 50s in New England I need your help.I purchased a tropy for my collection about 6 years ago. Trying to learn more about its history and could use some help.

The engraving reads as follows
    Driving Deuces
    2nd anual round up
    1959 entry

Not sure if this was a car club named driving deuces
    Also not sure if the event was in 1959 or the award went to a 1959 car

Any one have info?

Thanks for looking

Kevin

2. realsteel1934

realsteel1934
    from usa

Just had another thought on this trophy.It might not be just New England shows as I am not sure were exactly I found it (CRS) anyway see if it sturs up anybodys mind.--Kevin

3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Driving Deuces was a NJ car club, perhaps it was at one of their shows?

4. realsteel1934

realsteel1934
    from usa

CRS strikes again --I posted this at work with out the trophy in hand.When I got home I took another look at it.Engraved second line reads 2nd Annual East coast Round UP.

So NJ club sounds proper--- thanks anyone else know any more about this club?

5. Arizona

Arizona

The Drivin Deuces were a very active car club from Carlstadt , NJ. I went to several of their shows. The club project was a bitchin custom pickup. I have a flyer about that truck with pictures around the house somewhere and will post when I find it.

6. Leo Bussiere

Leo Bussiere

Please see my thread on information I'm looking for. The Drivin' Deuces 1959 East Coast Roundup was held in Teaneck, N.J. My dad's 32 Ford Roadster won 3 awards that night.

7. clem

clem

harpo1313 likes this.
  8. Thanks for the post and cross reference. Unfortunately, @realsteel1934 has not been here for several years.

clem likes this.
  9. jersey guy

jersey guy

I'm trying to find out some history on my 32 3 window. It is un chopped at one time it was red with what appeared to be 58 chevy taillights. It was supposedly in a couple of Drivin Deuces car shows in the Teaneck Armory. It was also in the show in the New York Coliseum Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10. clem

clem

9 years since original post, - I missed that part………….