Register now to get rid of these ads!

2 dr fleetline rear window channel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmpontiac, Jan 22, 2014.

1. I'm working on my 50 Pontiac 2 dr sedan (mostly identical to the Fleetline) and pulled the old rear window channel out of the body this morning - pretty straightforward except now I have a question about the little clips that are attached to the channel that clip to the body at the top of the windows. I've looked at several window channel kits, they don't seem to come with the clips, which are held on with 4 little "arrowhead" teeth (each) that penetrate the metal backing on the original channel. So how do I install new channel? Is it glued in now or am I just missing something here. Do I just buy lengths of the flex channel and bend it up myself? I know there's a glass guy here on the HAMB, just wondering what you guys have done when putting new glass in these cars.

Attached Files:

2. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

similar trouble when doing...... did just glued on my Fleetline.

3. I just did some on my 47 fleetline, picked the old clips off, pop rivetted them to the back of the new stuff. I used some small diameter/short rivets (less than 1/8" diameter). Only good if your new stuff has a metal backing. Some types have a plastic only consruction and this method wont work with them .

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  4. historynw

historynw

I bought mine from the ebay store for my 47 Chevy and it goes in tight. I used some silicone adhesive and a wooden shingle to tap it in tightly. I did make sure it went further down in the lower channel than the older stuff..which had a tendacy to bind. I used a flat head SS mini metal screw to attach it there.