Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 chevy 4 door parts that fit 2 door?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lt1tyrell, Jan 21, 2014.

1. lt1tyrell

lt1tyrell
    from Canada

Hey just wondering if anybody knows if door internal pieces will work for a 2 door sedan? My doors were taken apart buy somebody else and all the pieces are in boxes but I'm sure some little things will be missing. I know where there is a rusty 4 door with complete doors. Thinking about pulling a door off and using it for reference and some odd pieces while I try to reassemble mine.

2. Squablow

Squablow

The regulators will be different, the vent wing windows will be the same (assuming your 2 door is a 2 door sedan and not a Fleetline) I would think the latches would be the same, glass obviously not. The little spring-loaded plate that the inside door handle mounts to will be the same but the rod going to the latch will be too short. Window stops should be the same. Lots of specialized bolts and such will also interchange.

For little odds and ends, and as a kind of instruction manual, the 4 door front doors could be helpful. If you have the original 2 door regulator, glass, and the felt channel that the glass runs up into, (and that door latch rod) I would think everything else you'd be able to salvage from the 4 door. Door latches would be the only maybe-not item.

3. lt1tyrell

lt1tyrell
    from Canada

Awesome thanks, I have regulators and glass so I should be good to go. Are these doors trickier to put together than other doors? Such as a 50's car? Any order I should do stuff in? Thanks

4. 47ragtop

47ragtop

They are really easy. 1st install the regulators. Second slide the glass assembly with the lower channel already installed in the door. Third put the slides on the regulators and push them into the lower glass channel. Then install the 2 screws on each end as they keep the assembly from sliding apart. Lastly install the glass run felt.

5. lt1tyrell

lt1tyrell
    from Canada

Thank you, I don't like putting together things that somebody else took apart!