Register now to get rid of these ads!

Glass or steel body on a period gasser?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GOATROPER02, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

go glass , its an all out race car , not a show piece .the 33 willys would be kick ass .
    unless its a leftover or barnfind, its just a period styled car anyways , I love doung mine to period, even before it was cool but its still just a tribute . my gasser will have a priper cafe and disc brakes , it will have the look and a period engine but safety is kinda important

2. Blacktop VooDoo

Blacktop VooDoo

I used to have a T Bucket. I don't recall anyone ever asking if it was steel or glass as most are glass.

My 33 Willys is glass. I dig the hell out of it. Simple as that!

3. i don't mind fiberglass but hate vinyl wrap and patina, go with glossy paint hand lettered and gold or silver leaf on the boat i help on has vinyl it cost 1/2 the price of paint and it's easier to match and faster to do after a repair

4. Hemi j

Hemi j
    from Colorado

Steel !!!!!!!!!!!

5. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. Rotten johnny is 100% right. My feeling also!! My 2 cents also.:D

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Both of my cars are steel, but only because I found them cheap and glass would be more money. If I wanted a really rare car that was more affordable in fiberglass, I wouldn't hesitate to go that route.
    For me it's a decision based on my checkbook, not my gut.

8. 8flat

8flat

A long time ago Ryan said 'glass cars don't have any soul. Good point, and it's hard to explain how when you're working on an 80yr old car body how you somehow feel that history, wonder about where it's been and all the roads it has seen.

But for a race car, I'd be too scared of stacking it up and smashing all that soul...haha

I got no problems with glass, especially if you're racing it.