Register now to get rid of these ads!

History N.J. 1955 Chevy-Yellow w/409-Called "First Love"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Buzzard II, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

Anyone from Northern Jersey remember a 1955 Chevy, painted Yellow, built and owned by a guy named Warren? It had a 409 Chevy in it and was raced at Englishtown (other tracks ?) Warren later put together the black Nova funny car with the same name "First Love". Anyone know what ever happened to the 1955 Chevy? Just curious. Warren hung out with a friend of mine from Clifton, N.J. Ray Braun. Just feeling nostalgic! Thanks! Bob

2. sweetdick2

sweetdick2
    from new jersey

don't remember the 55, but the nova funny car is still around, use to be J&F Speed Shop car beore First Love

3. aafc1

aafc1

About 25 yrs ago I was building a 55. A guy I worked with asked if I needed fenders or doors. He told me his uncle passed away and the had parts in his garage in newark, So we take a ride to newark and in the garage was the parts from a yellow 55 with the words first love on it. They were all fiberglass so I couldn't use them but it was obvious that the car was completely taken apart.

4. Hi Bob,
    Warren Farenfeld is a friend of mine and belongs to the same car club as me. He still lives in the area and I see him often. We often talk about the old '55 "409" , which later used a 427.The "First Love" funny car is still around and back in the hands of the original owner's brother.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014

5. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

I do remember Warren having fiberglass nose, doors and deck lid on the 55 when he was building it. Too bad it was taken apart!

Bob-Nice photo! I have one I borrowed and copied from Joe Biss years ago, it was a front on view of the car. Wasn't the funny car the old J&F car?

6. sweetdick2

sweetdick2
    from new jersey

here it is when it was J&F car

Attached Files:

• wjf1.JPG
      wjf1.JPG
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
  7. I remember when the First Love funny car was for sale at Joe Biss' for $7,000.! It was turn key, and it had no takers!

8. bgblk40

bgblk40
    from Midwest

I think just the idea of a '55 Chevy with a stout 409 is so cool. Love those "W" head motors. Very old school, very cool.

Tom

9. biscaynes

biscaynes

always thought it was a cool '55 since i first saw it in a magazine back in the '70s

Attached Files:

10. To bad the 55 was taken apart, but it would still be cool to own the doors, and parts of the car!