Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects No longer a Rockstar, I sold the 54 Chevy.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jan 19, 2014.

1. After 13 years the 54 is going to a new home. Duncan Burry is an Army vet going to the Hot Rod Institute out here. His instructor and fellow HAMBer Jamiee let him know I might be willing to sell the 54 so he could have a project to work on. Here is the proud new owner. His plans are pretty similar to what I would do. Passing this along lets me focus on the Model A and my Bonneville lakester.

[​IMG]

2. Beau

Beau

Where did all your snow go?

3. Our October blizzard was melting before it stopped snowing. It is our typical 60 some degrees here today. We really do not get much snow in the foothills. Our place is really in a high desert climate, you can see the Badlands behind the car.

4. Congrats on the sale but I hate to see it go.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sounds like the right guy got it, hope to see a build thread here on the HAMB. Bob

6. Duncan will be joining the board soon and plans to do a thread to keep us updated!

7. Did you throw the rubber mallet in with the deal?:D

Congratulations Duncan,,looking forward to the build. HRP

8. No! That was brand new when I found it in a snow drift about 15 years ago..................it is sentimental to me!~:p

9. It's a good feeling to know that the car is going to a happy new care taker!

I've sold cars to a lots of folks around the world but nothing comforts me as much as when I find the Right buyer that understands and appreciates all that I've done over the years!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

10. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I'm living in the wrong place.

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

We need more Duncans on the HAMB! Nice car! My mother hauled us around in a '54 210 50+ years ago

Duncan

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. 6inarow

6inarow

If he junks the original driveline, there is the 235 you are looking for.

13. Tom, Zeke converted this to a 350/400 combo before I rebuilt the whole car and engine. strong runner. We should get together over a beer, I am mellowing.

14. You Bet!

When I sent my moor door Deuce to Tokyo I feared the guy would change it drastically which would be his prerogative,after all he paid my price but he hasn't changed a thing since he bought it.

It does make you feel good when someone in a different country appreciates the way you built a car, HRP

15. This dude has the passion. Made it easy to sell.

16. 6inarow

6inarow

Gonna be a rough week here. Dental in Denver Tuesday to Fri and soapy joes when I get back.

17. What about the torque wrench?

You have to turn that over too.

:D

Sam

18. I left the sticker on it for Duncan and filled him in on the joke ;)

19. Beau

Beau

Really!?!?! I just assumed all of S.D. was snow. You are on the right side of the state!

20. Yup, the Hills are called the Banana Belt. We get similar weather to Denver, it was 63 there for the game yesterday. We don't have to park our rides in the winter!

21. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Tman, once you are a Rockstar, it is always in your blood. you will be back one day..

22. I have owned 3 of these things. Once I get the A on the road I may find another or an AD pickup. I actually have one for free in MN but the fuel cost to haul it might be more than its worth!

23. Beau

Beau

You just need to find some of us in MN that need stuff in Murdo and haul it here!

24. That is a possibility. We get to the cities

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. T, you still need to plant a few trees!

26. That loos like a nice starter....Good for you both.....Killer view...

27. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

Least it will still be in town where you can see its progress!!

28. More than that. When I got it, Zeke had put in a 350/400 combo with open driveline and wired it for 12v. I redid the fuel system and added an ECI dual MC and new plumbing. I also rebuilt the engine and tranny. It was a solid driver.

I look forward to visiting it at the school.