Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lonestar Roundup Embassy Suites Room Block

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Marcy, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Marcy

Marcy

A new year means time to start getting excited about the Lonestar Roundup!

As usual I have set up a room block at the Embassy Suites on South Congress just down the block (1/3 mile) from the Continental Club, Jo's Coffee and all the night time activity.

You can book rooms online at
    http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/A/AUSLKES-LRU-20140402/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

or call 512-469-9000 group code LRU

All rates include parking (fairly secure garage), wifi, free full breakfast, managers free drink happy hour and each suite has a pull out sofa bed if you really want to pack 'em in;)

Can't wait!

Marcy

2. jerry

jerry

I've used this deal in the past. Really a great value for the weekend>

jerry

3. Can you check in on the 4th to the 6th for the same rate or do you have to stay the 2nd to the 7th ? Thanks.

4. seatex

seatex

Mmmmmmm, LSRU............Me Likeeeee................

5. Marcy

Marcy

Any dates you want---1 night or many.

Marcy

6. Thanks.

7. jetcycles

jetcycles

For those of you on the fence about where to stay, the Embassy really is a great spot to stay during the LSRU. Great location, plenty of parking, good free breakfast, complimentary drinks, walking distance to everything but the show, and plenty of H.A.M.B.ers all over the place. The parking garage is like a car show in itself during the early morning hours. After the Austin Motel (which sold out in 15 minutes), this is my destination of choice.

8. We stayed across the street at the Homestead for the last 5 years. Just booked at the Embassy after reading all the bad reviews since the Homestead changed names.

9. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Thanks for doing this again Marcy - we just booked our room. See you there, if not sooner!

10. fryguy

fryguy

My wife and I are planning on going this year. Trying to book my trip through Hotwire for my flight from Philly, Hotel and Car rental. Unfortunately this Embassy Suites doesn't allow me to book through Hotwire for these dates. I can book the Radisson on E Ceasar Chavez and Congress.

Has anybody had a good experience with the Radisson. Its seems like a short walk to the S Congress Cruise

Fryguy

11. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

I like the idea of walking back to the room.
    2 years ago I had to drive a ways and at 2am cops were everywhere.
    I booked a room thanks for the link Marcy.

12. Marcy

Marcy

Radisson is nice too. It's right across the bridge going North from Embassy Suites, so not much further from the South Congress action

Marcy

13. fryguy

fryguy

Thanks Marcy for the reply, that is very helpful. Still up in the air as to lodge closer to S Congress or get a hotel closer to the show itself at the Expo center.

14. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

Thanks for posting this up Macy. Looks like this may be the one.

15. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Booked mine, ready for April!

16. seatex

seatex

Good parking, too. never had a problem at the ES.............

17. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I booked Embassy as well, see everyone there! Stayed there a couple of years ago and it was great!

18. wheel shop

wheel shop

just called, the block of rooms is full ......anywhere else decent? Stayed at the homestead last time, kinda crappy.....said they have since renovated, can anyone confirm that?

19. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I stayed at Extended Stay America last year and just booked it again this year. Decent room, but great location

20. Marcy

Marcy

There are still some rooms at Embassy, call direct 512-469-9000 and ask for Craig Harms in sales.

Good luck!

Marcy

21. chopper055

chopper055

We stayed at the Red roof inn South last year and booked it again for 2014. We think it's a ok place to stay and the ratings suits us after paying for the flight tickets from Stockholm Sweden. Not walking distance to congress but not to far eighter. The only bad is that they dont have breakfast...

22. jetcycles

jetcycles

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. If I had to choose between staying closer to South Congress or the Expo center, I'd choose South Congress area every single time. I prefer the proximity to nightlife, dining, and entertainment options over the shortened commute to the show... .all without getting behind the wheel of a vehicle in most cases. South Congress can get congested with vehicular traffic on friday and saturday evening, but we always manage to get in/out without too much hassle. I can hear the music at the Continental Club and smell the pizza from Home Slice now!

23. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

I agree with Jetcycles. Its a little bit of a hike from Continental to Embassy, but better than a DUI or wrecking the ride!

24. wheel shop

wheel shop

just phoned craig, he confirmed the block of rooms are full

25. fryguy

fryguy

Thanks Jetcycles for the info, thats actually very helpful. I'd like to be close to the action on Congress and hopefully the Radisson is close enough for that

Paul

26. fryguy

fryguy

Just booked the Radisson for the 3rd through the 6th. Counting down the days

27. hartman601

hartman601
    from Tulsa, OK

I just booked the Casulo. Anyone know anything about it? Making my first trip this year so would look to others for suggestions and ideas.

28. fryguy

fryguy

Good Deal! ^^^^^