Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Snake & Mongoose - The Movie.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by primerkid, Jul 29, 2013.

1. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Found it!
    Went to see Snake an Mongoose at Park 12 Cobb stadium theater in Marietta on Sunday. There were 7 people in the theater. It was good, much like "Heart like a wheel."

2. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Saw it last night. Even took the wife.
    Before I went in- I had to tell myself to please- just watch the movie & not pick it apart.
    Lots of restored cars in the background. Liked the scene where they stood in front of Butch Leal's California Flash for 5 minutes talking.
    I must admit I raised my eyebrow a little when Don's pulling plug wires on the 392 & they are a set of MSD's w/ the 90 degree finger pulls.

It was well worth seeing.
    However- we went to the 4:30 showing & there was a whopping 4 people in there- including us! I don't see how this will make money until it hits DVD.
    Fred Dryer as Ed Donovan- he nailed it!

[​IMG]

3. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

i did a google search last week,it only showed 2 dates so i assume its at the end of its showing,,,maybe with any luck it will hit the drive in i go to once in a while 60 mile drive,,but fun,,,,,any word on DVD release??

4. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Bringin this thread back up... Anyone know if its comin to Houston?

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Anyone in SoCal want to see the movie ?

Thr NHRA museum, this Saturday (14th) evening, popcorn and drinks included..

Mike

6. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Is this on DVD? I don't think it was ever near me.

7. saw on their Facebook page that DVD release was scheduled for April sometime, I think it was...

8. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Excellent! Thanks for the info.

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Here in CT I haven't read or heard any arrival date..Maybe at CSRA slide show nite..

10. Billy

Billy

My family really enjoyed the movie. My 7 year old "Gearhead-in-training" son was giddy. We'll own this movie when it comes out for sure.

11. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

it never came my direction either,, i hope if it goes to DVD some ones posts it,,,thanks in advance

12. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

here is the news we have been waiting for,,,

NHRA Story » Dates set for Snake & Mongoose film home releases

it wont post as a link for some reason,,, but go to nhra its currently on the home page,,,

comming to on demand then blue ray and dvd,,,

13. striper

striper

Dates for Drive In screenings in 4 Australian capital cities were announced today. Go to the FUEL magazine website for details. Luke is promoting the tour.

14. yruhot

yruhot

Went and saw it, wife hates drag racing, she loves car shows and swap meets but she worrys about me hurting myself. Anyway she liked the movie. No oscars here but cool vintage movie shots. Was a much simplier time thats for sure.YRUHOT....Doug

15. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Haven't seen it yet but I understand much of the original footage was shot by and is from Jackson Bros. Looking forward to it's release on DVD

16. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

Anchor Bay Films has announced and detailed the Blu-ray release of director Wayne Holloway's Snake & Mongoo$e, which stars Jesse Williams and Richard Blake as drag racing rivals Don Prudhomme and Tom McEwen, in addition to Noah Wyle, Ashley Hinshaw, John Heard, Ian Ziering and Kim Shaw. The motorsports drama streets on April 8th.

Official Synopsis: Snake & Mongoo$e tells the true story of the greatest rivalry and friendship in drag racing history between Don "The Snake" Prudhomme (Williams) against his longtime friend and on-the-track nemesis Tom "The Mongoose" McEwen (Blake). From the fiery days of early speedways through the explosive peak of their popularity, these are the triumphs and tragedies behind the legendary races and Hot Wheels partnership. It was on dust drag strops across the country that Prudhomme, the Snake, and McEwen, the Mongoose, aggressively competed for dominance while transforming a "minor" sport struggling for attention into a global phenomenon.

Snake & Mongoo$e is presented in 1080p with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 surround. Extras include a "Behind the Movie" featurette.

17. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

It's now available on Directv

18. Muttley

Muttley

Available on Blu-Ray and DVD April 8th.

19. captmullette

captmullette

just pre-ordered my copy from amazon.....

20. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Watched it, Kinda Cheesey. IMO Chris

21. 1963phil

1963phil

I agree, it was ok I guess, could have been better though

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

watched the free trailer,,,looks like a cheap 70s movie,,, ill rent it on on demand this week,,cheesy or not its still old school drag racing,,,

23. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

I wanted it to be better. It was good but it wasn't The Worlds Fastest Indian. There was some great old footage. The restored funny cars and haulers were worth the six bucks I spent on pay preview. Its worth checking out in my book.

Posted using the mild Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

You can now download it for free using a torrent [ U-torrent or Bit-torrent ]

http://yts.re/movie/Snake_and_Mongoose_2013_1080p

Watched it last night,

I really liked that they used genuine racing footage.

The movie had a really 60's / 70's feel about it [ sort of B grade ish ] which really went well for the era it was representing.

If you cars guys don't "get it" ,it is a shitload better than that "Cole Trickle" bullshit

25. Will the rightful author get royalties?

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

26. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

I agree,,,,,

27. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You also get to see "JUNGLE PAM" in the movie. NICE :):)

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Kerrynzl - Thanks for link

29. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

oh yeahhhhhhh

30. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I got the DVD "Snake and Mongoose Movie" for Christmas 2014, but never watched it. I finally watched it this past Saturday and I thought it was great!! Mostly because I grew up with the Snake/Mongoose/Hot Wheels and was right at that age (8) when they came out and I've followed drag racing from when I was single digits to now, so I RELATED to everything in the movie. I like the way they were able to transition from old footage to new filming, especially after the 1978 US Nationals when Snake walked up to the Mongoose FC and got under the body to talk to Tom.
    This is a must-see movie.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016