Register now to get rid of these ads!

A new guy from Russia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by k-works, Jan 20, 2014.

1. k-works

k-works

Hey there!

I'm Alex and I like working with odd engines and so on.

Started with simply rare ones and a while ago some Nailheads and Flatheads found me here.

I have my 425 Nailhead thread on V8 Buick forum (not an advertisment, they got very little of performance and hot rod stuff there anyway). It is from and will go into '65 Wildcat, so it's not a true hot rod build, but I'm trying to improve this engine as much as I can, at the same time trying to explain stuff by taking videos (porting, combustion chamber work and etc.).

Most likely, I can analyze and bring you a performance advice for any engine, so feel free to ask. Also I'm doing custom parts for all-aluminum russian V8 (developed in 1956-1962) which seems to be fun, but not much demand from the crowd, so I have to force the development on my own. It has a big potential, cheap as dirt, but no performance parts. I just don't think it's too cool for a soviet rod or old car to have a chevy v8 or something, which is common, but not odd and... untrue... (or how would you say) well, you know. :)

p.s.
    Been reading the H.A.M.B. from time to time, but I like that people appreciate the oddness of stuff and the problems it brings!

2. Welcome to the HAMB! My mothers family is from St. Petersburg! What are you going to put the Nailhead in? also would love to see the Russian V8 build up, nice to see something different...also do you know Gleb Cherniy? He is also in Russia...

3. k-works

k-works

Wow! That's cool!

Sometimes car guys from the US tell me that they've even been in the St.Petersburg, and I kinda wonder why I haven't met them at the right time!

4. Добро пожаловать, вы пересадка или ваш английский просто исключительное?

5. k-works

k-works

LOL!

Probably, my English is simply pretty good.
    Reading about performance engines would bring you towards lots of books in English (A. Graham Bell, Bill Jenkins) and literally none in Russian. I had a good English class at school and with the help of internet it grew up. The headache of learning started when I tried to get sponsorship by major US/Germany companies for my shitty drift project (I was 16, young and naive), and I had to express myself on a business level and so on. I didn't get any kind of sponsorship, of course! haha! But my English got better.

6. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

I remember back in the 60's when Russia and the US were not happy with each other. I always tell people it's the news papers and the government that stirs things up, it's not 90% of the population. Happy wrenching comrad .

7. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Welcome from the USA good luck with your nail head build

8. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

welcome from the usa-----