Register now to get rid of these ads!

57' Chevy truck chop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The805Garage, Jan 16, 2014.

1. The805Garage

The805Garage
    from Lompoc, Ca

Hows it going everyone!? So I have been searching online for some build threads on a chopped top tri five chevy trucks. I figured since I could not find much more than some guys saying you have to cut the windshield first, you will need a donor roof, and it doesn't look good more than 3 inches. Well here is my thread since i'm in the middle of my chop. Hopefully this will help some people in the future by watching my successes/mistakes. Disclaimer, I am in no way trying to say this is the best/only way to do this chop but hopefully you will tune in.

I originally started this chop when I was attending Wyotech in Sacramento California. I had enough time to cut, chop out aprox 3 1/14 inches, and then tack the roof back into place roughly for transportation back to my home town about 6 hrs away. This is how I brought it back home.

Attached Files:

2. The805Garage

The805Garage
    from Lompoc, Ca

The truck sat in my parents car port for about 5 yrs covered and I'm finally able to find some time to get the gears rolling again!(I'm pretty excited but my wife isn't haha) Since the drivers side was the worst because of the rush job I figured I would start on that side and work my way around to the drivers door. Here is some progress pictures. The large gashes you see are from grinding out the BS welds from before.

Then after lots and lots of hammer and dollying, and welding and grinding here is a rough job. Disclaimer I still need to do lots more hammer and dollying ect. before the metal work is done back there.

Attached Files:

3. pinky49

pinky49

go for it! these trucks look great chopped! it's only metal :)
    ed

4. Frank32

Frank32

Looking good so far..