Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Take one clapped out Dodge Lancer, add a roofline from a '61 Dodge Polara, and some wheels from a Ferrari Lusso, and you get: The Lancer Italiano!

Problem is, a set of Borrani wheels will set you back the cost of the Lancer and Polara put together. :D

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/davetartaglia/12014799726/player/577f5ae624" height="534" width="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I don't know what Btrsweet was banned for, but I couldn't resist giving this a quick whirl:
    [​IMG]

Like a sort of Bugatti T41 for fire chiefs.

3. southerncad

southerncad

WOW, never thought the car would get this much attention, love the new roofline, but a little spendy for a daily driver...love it with the salt flats on in and set down where it should be.Thanx for all the input.

4. You can bet that Exner sketched something that looked almost exactly like this back around `59.
    I was also thinking about adding the little kink from the back of the `61 Plymouth side windows, just to give it a family resemblance.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  5. Trés elegante! :cool:

I think Btrsweet banned himself, though we were never able to work out why.

6. I really like these Variations On A Theme community projects we sometimes get ourselves in. What if the Plymouth stylists shared their new Barracuda roof with the folk in the Dodge studio?
    [​IMG]

7. /\ Nice one! :cool: Really stylish.

Looks a little like a Jensen Interceptor.

8. Thanks. You know, Jensen had an association with Chrysler for drivelines, I wonder if a 413 powered Lancer could have been an offspring. I think I should have done this with the un-sectioned version...the proportions are a little off. Now we need Ruben and Eli and whomever else wants to take a stab at it to chime in!

(Of course we totally blew by the OP's assertion that it was to be a daily driver! Hopefully Burton's renderings helped him out.)

9. Here is my version of photoshop, 1961 Dodge Lancer I saved from the crusher and then hosted a cut, chop, redesign weekend workshop on. At the beginning of the workshop i told the guys that Dodge had a pretty decent car designed in this Lancer, but they gave the blue-prints to a young intern and as he stepped out of the building to deliver to the Prototype guys he tripped on the steps and spilled the plans all over the ground and haste-fully picked them up all out of order and mixed up! so this is the way the car got built! I had a few of the guys believing me, hook line and sink! then I said no I just made that up LOL. They we not sure what they were in for!

Well they soon found out in the two day workshop it was a lot of fun and they all learned a lot about redesigning with what you have, and got in a lot of practice with cutting trimming, welding & grinding. We cut the roof skin off spun it 180, dropped the windshield frame into the cowl panel, slanting back the A pillars, relaxed the driprails, for a 2 inch chop without cutting the w/s frame so the frt & rear glass still fits. Cut the rear deck section out pivoted it so the rear window leaned forward, raising the deck-lid surround up 4 inches, reinstalled the roof skin and started welding away. the look is a little more stylish and sporty! We opened up the wheel arches nipped and tucked the frt bumper. I'll have to do a few more workshops with it and make it a daily driver. need need a good donor for a drive line?

Attached Files:

10. Pleeeease? Could someone please "paint" my '28 Tudor?
    Bright orange body, frame, and scoop. Gray engine block (below the headers). Leave the roof black.

Thanks,
    Gary

[​IMG]

11. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

No doubt about it. The Polara roofline was lifted straight from the 1956 Chrysler-Ghia Dart concept. The Dart styling was also produced as a Ferrari!

Attached Files:

12. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Love it! And the Barracuda was a face-lifted Valiant, whose underpinnings went back to the original Lancer/Valiant twins.

13. daddio211

daddio211

14. OK, one more just 'cause. A SWB Speedster complete with Sports Roadster-wanna be tonneau.
    [​IMG]

15. RamJet1

RamJet1

Nitro, liking that also.

The one with the Barracuda fastback looks like a custom at Daryll Starbird's museum.
    Very cool.

16. [​IMG][​IMG]

17. DH9185

DH9185

I think the look would benefit greatly with a 2x4 tunnel ram that pushes the scoop above the cowl. Not a big fan of bright orange but it looks good on the car. That pale green someone put on an earlier rod I think would look great on it as would a distressed aluminum look.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. This is a great look! Oldschool, I hope you go ahead and make this change -- and post a photo of it to let us know how it compares! Keep those sidewalls clean! :)

19. Good job on those headers, too, Moose. You definitely took them from 2D to 3D.

20. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Had to add some chrome to the pipes.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. damnfingers

damnfingers

Agree...amazing transformation! It did more for the car than the paint change.

22. docmike

docmike

I've got a '51 Styleline Deluxe and I'm looking for a Photoshop paint job. I borrowed this picture from the internet. If it belongs to anybody here I hope you don't mind me using your picture. I'd like to see how this would look with a deep burgundy body with an off white roof/visor. Also, I'd like to see it with Lancer wheel covers and maybe dropped just a little with the rear just a little lower than the front if it wouldn't be too much trouble.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doc

23. Squablow

Squablow

This is stunning! I wonder if the proportions would actually line up that well?

24. If anyone can supply the wheelbase of both cars and clear side views, we can get a fairly good idea in one dimension at least. The width is the other problem of course.

25. burtonantiqueautoparts

burtonantiqueautoparts

Top one is not as low and the roof colors are different. One has more red, the other has more of a blue-ish. I made the rear slightly lower than the front. It's subtle.

Attached Files:

26. Choptop79

Choptop79

I'm building a 1940 Ford Tudor Sedan and I'm fairly certain about all aspects about the car except for the interior. The car will be all black with red wheels (I know it's over done but I've always wanted to build one since I was a kid)

I really like the style of the interior below but I'm not sure what color should accompany the black. I'm not a fan of red and don't think I could a red interior. White will not work because I will destroy it, (I could get covered in grease going to church).

In the pictures if the dash could be black and then the bottom of the doors be perhaps either a dark or medium grey I think I would get a good idea if that is the way to go. But as is the fun with photoshop go ahead and experiment if you think you have another color combination that may work. I'm fairly set on the dash being black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have just pulled these photos off the web, if this is someone's car and they wish for me to remove these photos please let me know.

Thank you,
    Thomas

27. Choptop79

Choptop79

perhaps on the orange and white, if the orange could be changed to black and the white I honestly don't know what color to use, I think all black would ruin the look of the interior.

28. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

damn! now add some color to that beauty!

29. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

another option

Attached Files:

30. Put a 6' tall person next to it for scale please- lol