Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects People SUCK, people ROCK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prewarcars4me, Jan 17, 2014.

1. PEOPLE SUCK
    So, I wake up this morning and walk out to my 64 Mercury only to find some dipwad had thrown a rock hard enough through my drivers side door glass, but it hit my dash and skipped up into the windsheild. This is a 2 door hard top, does anyone know if the 4 door hard top is the same windshield?

PEOPLE ROCK
    As I get done machining some parts for a biker buddy, I figure Ill jump in my T and benchrace with him and vent on dipwads of the world. I walk into his shop, hand him the parts and he says "since I know you collect guages, I have something for you". He hands me a Cobra Accelerometer. They were optional on AC Cobras and some Shelbys. I dont know if most of you have ever seen one of these, but it measures g-force as you accelerate (or turn it sideways or backwards for turns or braking). I ask him what he wants for it as I whipe the drool ftom my mouth, he says,,, nada, its yours.

I dont know whether to go to bed pissed or happy.

Love it if any of you can answer the question on the windsheild.

Attached Files:

2. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

What a conundrum! Go to bed HAPPY the glass can be repaired you may never see another Accelerometer!

3. Good enough :)

4. Is this Cobra accelerometer the reason so many Cobra salesmen got wadded up in them. I used to hear stories of salesmen taking a Cobra to lunch and killing themselves racing it, maybe they were watching the accelerometer instead of the road.
    I also think the glass is fixable and the accelerometer is a real conversation piece, so go to bed and smile all night!

5. LMAO, yea, Im not sure that keeping your eye on a gauge when you are getting on the throttle balls out is one of the safer driving stratagies out there.

Ill let you know how safe it is once its mounted on my dash :D

6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Certainly a bummer about your glass - makes ya wanna smash someone's hands with a hammer :mad: !

The accelerometer helps the pain a bit , I'm sure . Pretty cool little instrument .

7. Im actually 99.9% sure I know who did it, but thats as much as I will say in public :cool:

8. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Kinda like when my garage got broken into a few months back - I'm 99% sure too . I keep my hammer handy if they try it again .

9. Muttley

Muttley

Sucks about the window but the accelerometer is a HUGE score. I have a slightly different version of that gauge in my Comet.

[​IMG]

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Almost hard to believe a rock did all that just by someone throwing it, It must have been a big rock too, from the looks of the "two" places on the windshield after going through the side glass.
    Someone with a arm like that needs to get a life and get into baseball or something.

Sorry about the glass. Got insurance? I dont think I have a deductible on my auto insurances when it comes to glass breakage, you might check there or even your homeowners might pick it up,wont hurt to ask.
    Congrats on the tach!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  11. prpmmp

prpmmp

Should be easy to find the person who threw the rock! Any Major League Pitchers training near by,For someone to throw a rock with that viscosity they would have a cannon for a arm!! Sorry for the windows!! The meter looks cool!! Pete ^^^ beat me to it!!

12. Life is life- it hands you ups AND downs. It's all in how you respond :)

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

sell the gauge and build a garage for the car.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Don't mean to be alarming . If some drove that car up to our shop and asked what broke the window and windshield, I would probably respond with a 22 or pellet gun . Look on the floor and around the interior you will probably find them there as they don't look to have gone through the windshield . The glass should be shared with the full size 63/64 Ford . I know the door glass is 2 door only but my memory is fuzzy on 2door / 4 door windshield interchangeability .

15. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

I remember when Michelin (or BFG) used to give you a "performance meter", somewhat such as the accelerometer, when you bought a set of their tires. Which is kinda funny...since my old man got one when he put new sneakers on his Buick Lesabre!

16. Did you find a rock in the car,,I'm betting it's a pellet gun. HRP

17. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

Your thread header...somewhat of a double entendre, no?

18. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

Don't let some shit head ruin your day. Like oldsjoe said glass can be replaced, and a friend gave you a nice gauge

19. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

Would a pellet gun leave that big a hole in the driver's side window?

20. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

Whatever it was it's still in the car because there's no exit hole in the front windshield...

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Both made by Rotunda/Faria?

22. Sure,it shattered around the where the penetration happened. HRP

23. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

That's what I was thinking too. Looks more like a truck tire launched it. That make more sense to me because most people like old cars

Looking at it again, might have been a small cal handgun

24. Big white rock, found on the seat in the locked car, same size as the hole in the door glass, white stone scuff marks under the ws on the dash. They threw it from a lowered ricer at a good rate of speed, neighbors saw the car, but didnt know they threw a rock, just heard a "pop, pop" and thought the car had run over a hose or something in the road.

Muttley, that gauge of yours is in increadable shape.

25. I live on a short side road that really doesnt get much traffic, any car that comes down my road that doesnt live around here gets noticed by all the neighbors. Even for the ricer to reach a decent speed, he would have had to drift around the corner really moving.

Ill get even on the window, so Ive moved on, Im looking forward to mounting the gauge. :D

26. Was a gift, wouldnt be right.

Reason I asked, Rock Auto has a 4 door one very reasonable. Im not worried about the door, its flat, but the ws,,, not so much.

27. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I had to pay for a glass once when I was younger after doing a doughnut and throwing a rock from under my tire through a guys window.

I was in gravel tho:eek:

28. This thing is wide as a softball and 3 inches thick.

I did something similar one like yours, we were launching water ballons from a launcher over a street into a feild, had a misfire, hit a car doing 50 into his grill. Who woulda thunk a water baloon would break a grill and burst a radiator. I couldnt sit for a week. :eek:

29. Muttley

Muttley

No, the box says:

A product of
    Service Systems, INC.
    4129 Verdugo Road
    Los Angeles, Ca. 90065

Manufactured by
    Monarch Industries, INC
    El Segundo, Ca. 90245

It was NOS when I bought it.

I found one (like the one I have) at the CHRR swap meet some years back. The seller wanted $40................I thought long and hard about it and should have bought it but the mechanism was sprung (the needle read all the way at the right of the gauge) and I couldnt see any way to take it apart and fix it so I set it back down and continued on my way. I got about three or four spaces down and decided to turn around and buy it but it was already gone. I searched for about three years for another one and finally found another on ebay......................that one cost a little more than $40 though.

30. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

That is messed up hope you find the person.