Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects whats this 48 worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ooGREYoo, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

25 new pics and it wont let me post them ...something about a token?

2. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error. any help?
    <!-- / main error message -->

3. Go over to the AD (advance design)Truckers thread on the HAMB and repost it. I'm not a price expert but some of those guys are pretty up on it. Also lots of excellent builds on there.

4. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

Some pics and wagon he also has..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

5. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

Few more

Attached Files:

6. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

I think it would be an ok start, although it definitely needs cab corners and a bunch of patches. Would be best if you could get ICBC to get you the right ownership, as it will be more desirable when you sell it. I would use the original frame and not the S10 unless you are planning on bagging it right on the ground. Check out the ad truck social group for a lot of builds to check out. The good thing is that you could build one of these trucks completely out of a catalogue. Parts are all available if you got the cash.
    2 grand seems high to me too, but a new cab and doors sell for almost 10, so if you can do the work yourself, it's all relative.

7. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

Yes I definitely want to bag it ..and lay frame..s10 the best frame for that? disk brakes power steering master cylinder wiring cheap parts .but I don't know

8. Better check with customs at the border and I.C.B.C. It won't leave the U.S. without a title. You have to pick the border crossing that it's coming through and fax them a copy of the title if it comes from a title state and the ownership paper 72 hours before you bring it through, not counting weekends. They want to make sure the vehicle isn't stolen.

When you get to the border you have to stop on the U.S. customs at the point that they tell you to "it's marked" and then bring the original paper work in to the U.S. border office and see the export officer and he comes out and verifies that you have the vehicle your bringing in by looking at the vin number.

A bill of sale is worthless.

I don't know about bringing it in as parts but my guess is you could never register it. Google importing a vehicle from the U.S. It will tell you all about it.

I've done it and it's easy but they were running vehicles and the paper work was in order. You will have to take it CTC to have them look at it and fill out the import papers but you need to wait for the import papers to come from Ottawa and that may take a week or more.

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$1200, with a title, but only if they promise to keep the S10 frame.

10. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

its in canada not the us... right up the road even

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good point.

$1316.64 CDN, with a title, but only if they promise to keep the S10 frame.

12. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I was going to say $1500. But those last pics I now say $6-800. The S 10 frame is worthless.

13. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Laying frame is lame.:eek:

14. Sent you a pm.

15. tunes48

tunes48
    from Kamloops

I just finished my '48 5-window which I bought just near you in 2011. I bought it in total original rust free condition with reg. papers, running truck, for 10K. 2 years later, and $65K later, I now enjoy the dream truck I always wanted. By looking at your pictures I think he's asking far too much for what's there, especially without papers. The S-10 frame is worthless in my opinion. But if that is what you want to build, you be the judge. And yes, the 5-windows are now hard to find, regardless of condition, in this area.

16. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

Looking into it more I am going s10 frame and yes I'm bagging it. Love that look.

Attached Files:

17. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

If you are bagging it, then the s10 is the easiest/ cheapest way to go. It may not fit the intent on this forum, as it is not "traditional", and you will get that from some people. That being said, my truck, with a dually frame swap will be on the road, complete with finished paint for under 10 grand because I am not building it out of catalogues. To bag a stock frame truck, you need to swap all the suspension anyways, and that can be big bucks alone. I channeled my cab slightly to fit, the s10 is easier. Just spend the time it takes to get the body fitting right. There are so many that are done wrong, it just takes more effort on the little things to make it look correct.
    It may also help to search the ownership paper on the frame.
    My advise would be to be sure about the paperwork end before you build it. There are so many guys on here that end up in trouble trying to get a title after the car is done, although it seems that a lot of the states are way harder to deal with than what we go through. As far as the price, if it's just down the road it's worth a lot more. I could find one like that around here for cheaper, but you would need to factor in probably $500 in fuel alone to come and get it.

18. cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
    from colordo

If that is what you want, that truck is a good candidate. It's still only worth about $5oo IMHO. That is pretty much the condition of mine when I bought it for $5oo.

19. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

There are better deals out there. I just paid $400 for this one, including towing to my house, but no title. Honestly, $400 was too much for it, but I've already made my money back selling small parts I didn't need.

[​IMG]

20. joedoh

joedoh
    from Wichita KS

I'd buy a five window for $1500 US all day long. I have been looking for a 48-52 ford and the chevys are more plentiful, may change my mind.

most states in the US have bill of sale rules for pre 1950 and some dont require a title older than 1985.

21. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

i have a few adds on castanet. looking for this truck and no calls i live in a small town and drive to even smaller one horse towns. classics all over in fields lots of them..never see this truck .im sure some are around but short of driving all over the place on back roads in hope of even spoting a 3100 are slim. i always check castanet and kijji for classics i hord them..this guy has me by the nuts/bolt i want it lol hope hes not on this site

22. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Just buy it.........a year from now you won't care what you paid for it...you will only care if your are happy with having it. The difference in price vs "value" is a small percentage of the total you will have in the finished build.

23. I think I'd beat him hard for $1,500. As others have said it's just up the road so the gas cost is low and you don't have the border crossing hassles that I wrote about. I've paid more for a lot of things because they were easy to get locally rather than have to run all over the place looking.

The problem with sourcing old cars and trucks here in Canada unless you live in our midwestern provinces is that we have had 1/10 of the U.S population since the country formed. At present California has more people than all of Canada does so the supply was never that large to start and six of the ten provinces are rust belt so that cut the supply down even more. The four provinces left weren't heavily populated so we pay a lot of money for the little bit that's left or bring them in from the U.S.

24. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

ok so i found a guy selling two 5 window trucks, one with box, one without, full glass on one.told me the motor turns. hes going to send me a S$!T load of pics tomorrow. one has clear title and he will bring both to my front door ..he wants $2000 for the set oh and another set of doors

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  25. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

hes sending me more pics tomorrow. are these both big bodys? or one of them? i dont know what im looking for but the clear title sounds great to me and only 200$ more then the other guy. ok so if these are the big body can i swap reg body front fenders? without mods

Attached Files:

• $_20.jpg
      $_20.jpg
      File size:
      83 KB
      Views:
    • hdrh.jpg
      hdrh.jpg
      File size:
      59.5 KB
      Views:
    • jksh.jpg
      jksh.jpg
      File size:
      69.9 KB
      Views:
    • sdf.jpg
      sdf.jpg
      File size:
      61.7 KB
      Views:
    • sef.jpg
      sef.jpg
      File size:
      81.7 KB
      Views:
    • sefg.jpg
      sefg.jpg
      File size:
      75.5 KB
      Views:
    • seg.jpg
      seg.jpg
      File size:
      82.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  26. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

another pic

Attached Files:

27. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

There are no "big bodies"...the cabs are all the same, other than minor floorboard differences. On larger capacity/chassis trucks the front fenders have larger wheel openings and even heavier duty models have larger, wider fenders and a different hood.

None shown in your pictures are of that type.

28. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

Ok so are these wide open fenders or no?

29. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

No, they are all reg pickup front ends. My avatar has the bigger fenders that came in 2 ton and bigger trucks.

30. ooGREYoo

ooGREYoo
    from canada

I'll post more pics when he sends them

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014