Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd agree with that! Great picture.

2. OKG853

OKG853
    from Indiana

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

This is great!

3. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

4. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Neat picture! I think you may be wrong about this being a '49. I believe it's an experimental 1947 (Yeh, '47) Caddy with the first overhead valve V8 and gave it to one of their executives in California. He drove it for a while and gave it to his secretary, on her retirement, I believe. She, in turn drove it until the windshield was broken and since it was a one off piece the car was parked in her garage for years. Recently, it was sold to a big time Cadillac collector in Canada who had it completely restored by a very well known Canadian restorer who used to be an owner of C.A.R.S. Inc, the major supplier of tri 5 chevy and other GM restoration supplies. Great car! - I think I heard it won it's class at a big show, (I think in Florida- Amelia Island maybe?) The only reservation I have is that this car does have a 2 piece windshield and the car I'm thinking of had a single piece of safety glass. Could have been an early modification though. I'll send pics to both gentlemen to get their opinions. Thanks for posting this.

5. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

Moving planes from the old USAF Museum to the new museum at Wright-Patterson AFB Dayton Ohio - They took the XB70 over this bridge the Aircraft and it's tug were at the design weight of the bridge that had been built 30 years before.
    I had the honor of being part of the move team on several fighters that day

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Ralph Ferks STARTLING STARFIRE

7. I think the Startling Starfire is in St. Louis, Mo. Kurt Mc Cormick once owned it about 25 or 30 years ago.

8. I knew it was going to Wright-Pat, is that Shoo-shoo Baby the 17G that's currently in the museum? That looks like a Coleman tug pulling it along. I've been there many times both before and after the place was renovated. Last time there was just a couple days after their SR71 showed up; they just rolled it into the place, no drip pans under it - not that it didn't need a few...

9. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

My wife's Mom & Dad. He died when she was 11, so I never met him, and my Mother-in-law just passed away about a month ago.

[​IMG]

Blue

10. starwalker

starwalker

[​IMG]

Looking south on Seneca Avenue toward Douglas Avenue. That would be the Missouri Pacific Railroad in the foreground. I believe all the buildings to be gone now.

11. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Nope, it is in Lower Michigan and supposedly going to start on the restoration soon.

B:)B

12. 41 C28

41 C28

FYI The Memphis Bell is currently undergoing restoration there.

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I thought that bridge looked familiar.

14. Pretty sure this is a Barris custom er.. Kustom Cad that was the door prize at an early Motorama show.

Mick

15. XP-300

XP-300

16. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Yeh, Might be - I don't see any Barris badges though and it's remarkably similar to the 47 Concept car.

17. If you go by the curtain behind the car, it says it was a give away car.

18. XP-300

XP-300

19. Nitro Nick

Nitro Nick

What's wrong with this photo. :confused:

It is actually quite bizarre with the whole toy horsey antics from the snapperhead at the back sitting on it. One thing is for sure, you'd want to have a fat rider sitting on the bike otherwise the other dude would tumble over backwards.:eek:

20. Thanks to all you guys who are posting these wonderful old pictures. They are priceless!

21. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Would this be considered a traditional build?
    And a few other shots.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

22. EP & his dad

[​IMG]

Okay, I turned my head, now what was it you wanted me to do next? :D

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.