Register now to get rid of these ads!

wipers on 40-41 ford pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by studebaker46, Jan 18, 2014.

1. studebaker46

studebaker46

has anyone installed Newport engineering wipers on their trucks.how big of a job is it. can it be don by one person as soon as I get a warm day going to attempt it. thanx tom

2. tinhunter

tinhunter

Actually I plan on installing the same set up in my 40. I did a youtube search awhile back and I cam across a video of a guy doing the install on a 40, seems like a pretty easy deal..I have used their wiper motor on a previous build and it was decent quality..

3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Newport Engineering wiper conversions are a direct bolt in. This is without a doubt the best wiper kit on the market. I have one in my Olds convertible, and one will go into the 42 Chevy that I am building

4. metalman

metalman

Newport sells a bolt in kit for 40 PU? Damn, I missed that, does it use the stock cowl locations?
    I just put a Drake conversion in my 40 pu, nice kit but I wish they had mentioned you have to cut new holes for the transmissions and fill the old holes. My truck was already painted so that has become a problem.